Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is your DH/SO a neat or sloppy person? Does he like the house to be clean? Does he usually clean up after himself without asking or do you have to ask/nag him to clean?

by on May. 12, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Replies (121-125):
godsgirl26
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Neat. Both of us cannot stand to be sloppy.
JPHDB2014
by Member on May. 20, 2014 at 7:53 PM

He's not really either, he's kind of in the middle. There are days where he's very neat and tidy, but sometimes he just kind of forgets to pick things up. 

nelliesmommy
by on May. 20, 2014 at 7:53 PM
He's pretty neat. I'm messier than him.
bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2014 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me! My kids are teens now so they've had several years of taking on more and more responsibility for cleaning up their own messes, and I have been getting more strict with them on how they do so to try to teach them to do things better, even if it's still not the way *I* would do it.

Quoting exhaustedmother:

Nope- I don't expect too much from them only that you clean up and wash what you use. I clean the house myself so I don't expect too much from others-only basically wash up what you use and pick up your stuff. Don't think that is too unreasonable- I will make sure everything else is done to my expectations by taking care of it myself.

Quoting bamababe1975:

Oh, I HATE it when my dh cooks! I mean, I love that he's cooking so I don't have to, but I HATE the mess he makes in the process. He'll use 3x as many dishes as I will to make the same dish, lol, and IDK how he always manages to splatter stuff everywhere, but he does. It's good that he's working on being neater for you, though. Have you also been working on relaxing your standards some, too?

Quoting exhaustedmother:

He can be sloppy- for instance he tends to make a mess cooking in the kitchen and he is not great about hanging or folding his clothes. However he tries. I am a very organized person and an absolute neat freak so this is one thing I say that bothers me the most in our marriage but he is working on it.

allison713
by New Member on May. 21, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Neat and tidy sometimes he can b slob but he knows when to start picking up and cleaning. So when i have baby there's no worry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)