Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Remember the 1st time he said "I love you"

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 6:06 PM
  • 72 Replies

I remember. We were at school. I was in charge of picking up all the equipment for the sports teams so I was in the boy's locker room. He came in after me and we kissed a little. Then he looked down at me with almost a type of sadness in his eyes and just blurted out "Damn, I love you."

So what events led up to the 1st time he said "I love you".  Did you say it 1st or did he? 

by on May. 12, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by on May. 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM

We were sitting in his car in my moms drive way, and it was really sweet. 

zombieskayer
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I would make comments to my son or just in general thats like "Oh you do it becaues you like me" and he would always say "well a little more then like.." but I never really thought anything of it. Then one night we were joking around and he was like "Oh I can tell you are falling in love with me" and he started ranting on all the reasons why he could tell then he asked "Am I right?" and I poped him in the arm and said "Yeah you're right I love you, Thanks for making me say it first.. jerk." he's like "It's okay because I love you too" I was ranting at him abou thow he shouldn't have made me said it first and how he coulda rejected me if I said it first. But thinking about it after the fact, It wouldn't have mattered how it happened he would have said it back. He was just too afraid of being rejected to say it first. He said he felt if from almost the begnning of our "dating relationship" We have known each other for a while and always talked. So he always was growing feelings for me but never let it out until we started dating and he reliezed just how much he cared about me. It was sweet in its own dorky way. Even if I did punch him in the arm <.<

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 6:12 PM

That's what happened to my friend. Only they were in my driveway and she slid through my house and almost tripped up my stairs to tell me what happened. This was back when we were in HS.  

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM
It was Mother's day 95', we were dating and just gotten back from dinner at my parents when he said it. I felt the same way. I had butterflies. I still remember it like it was yesterday even though it was long time ago. ♡♡
rockinmomto2
by on May. 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM

We were 19, so we were out of high school, but both living at home. 

Quoting AliKatAK47:

That's what happened to my friend. Only they were in my driveway and she slid through my house and almost tripped up my stairs to tell me what happened. This was back when we were in HS.  

Quoting rockinmomto2:

CrossStitchMum
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Lol. We'd just got together before I left to go home for a week. We talked on the phone every night, and he blurted it out after we said goodnight one night and promptly hung up. I did the same to him a few days later :)
AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww. I think I am going to remember it forever too. Something like that doesn't fade away. 

Quoting Hottmomma607: It was Mother's day 95', we were dating and just gotten back from dinner at my parents when he said it. I felt the same way. I had butterflies. I still remember it like it was yesterday even though it was long time ago. ♡♡

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM

HS was a fun time. 

Quoting rockinmomto2:

We were 19, so we were out of high school, but both living at home. 

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting rockinmomto2:

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I had been telling him for months but he kept saying, " I really like you but I love someone else."  It hurt everytime he said it.  Then one day he introduced me as his girlfriend and the person and I just looked at him and I said "girlfriend?"  He asked me " isn't that what you wanted" which I immediately replied yes.  A few days later he told me that he loved me.  It's funny cause all the guys I dated before said it right aways and I knew they didn't and I didn't care but when he said it I believed wholeheartedly and shed tears of happiness.  Since the day I met him that was the only thing I ever wanted; for him to love me. <3  So happy he's mine.

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 6:24 PM

I cried when my husband said he loved me too. I had a crush on him since I was 5 (yep 5). So it was so shocking to hear those words come out his mouth. At that point I was just happy to have him but to hear him tell me he loved me brought tears to my eyes. 

Quoting BonitaM:

I had been telling him for months but he kept saying, " I really like you but I love someone else."  It hurt everytime he said it.  Then one day he introduced me as his girlfriend and the person and I just looked at him and I said "girlfriend?"  He asked me " isn't that what you wanted" which I immediately replied yes.  A few days later he told me that he loved me.  It's funny cause all the guys I dated before said it right aways and I knew they didn't and I didn't care but when he said it I believed wholeheartedly and shed tears of happiness.  Since the day I met him that was the only thing I ever wanted; for him to love me. <3  So happy he's mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN