Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What is your husband's relationship with his mother like?

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 9:17 PM
  • 71 Replies

How often do they speak, how often do you visit her etc etc 

by on May. 12, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aniyunwiya
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 9:36 PM

She passed away when DH was a teenager frown mini

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 9:49 PM

They speak just about daily.. I visit her very rarely..

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

He had a great relationship with her and so did I. Let me put it this way, we gave up our home to move into her's and take care of her. We took care of her from 2007 until she passed away in 2013.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:52 PM

david's mom disowned him when we told her we were poly, up until then they were close but not like 'momma's boy' close.  Talked a few times a month, visitied once a year or so..

Irish is close to his mom and calls her weekly. They live a loooong way away so we haven't visited yet.

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

katcb1019
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Dh is very close with his mom. He or I talk to her everyday and probably see her at least twice a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 12, 2014 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

He loves his mother but he is not a momma's boy, lol. They speak at least once a week. We visit a few times a month.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:02 AM

They speak once or twice a week.  She usually calls.  DH only calls when I tell him to or it's a holiday type of thing.  He loves her he just doesn't want her in all of our business and her form of communication is more of an interrogation than a conversation. lol  She's great but we can only take her in small doses.  She lives across the country so the last time we saw her was maybe 3 years ago? something like that anyways.

UCFknight
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 7:04 AM

They talk once a week. When we visit, they enjoy sitting and hanging out with one another. We visit our home state at least once a year.

bmw29
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 7:08 AM
She lives 3 doors down from us and we see her several times a week. I see and talk to her more than he does but they have a good relationship.
booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this
He loves her, but their relationship has changed since we married, because she doesn't like me. She's gone from outright rudeness and hatred to tolerating me, but it made him less close with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN