Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Question

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 1:35 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this
Moms do you feel like your personality dramatically changed once you became a wife not a mother but a wife? Do old classmates or lovers comment on how different you are now from the person you use to be? Maybe you went from freespirit to stable or wild party chick to Mrs.Cleaver....
by on May. 13, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mopargurl
by Manna on May. 13, 2014 at 1:40 PM
I'm calmer now, that's the only thing that's changed. For whatever reason, my dh has that effect on me. I'm a redhead, so I have a big temper and a short fuse. Before him, I wouldn't hesitate to jump someone's shit for the wrong look or something said, no matter how small or dumb. Now when I start to "boil" my dh just gives me a look and I know I'm just being silly and hotheaded and calm down.
ragdoll7777
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:41 PM

I used to party A LOT, I changed that...but my personality is still the same.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Marriage has empowered me to let my personality shine.  DH has always encouraged me and given me the confidence to pursue anything I've ever wanted to and given me a safe place to go when I felt judged by the world.  My personality hasn't changed but marriage has given me the confidence to just be me because somebody loves me just the way I am flaws and all.  No one has ever commented on whether or not I have changed but I know I haven't.  All of my hobbies, interests, etc. is exactly the same as it was 15years ago.   Being a mother has grounded me a little more and given me a lot of responsibility but being a wife hasn't done that.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Nope, it has changes slowly as I have gotten older. I have never been a wild one. For me it has been the way I look that has changed the most.

ER-momma
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 2:53 PM
No but I do know people who have changed drastically.
MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 13, 2014 at 3:58 PM

No. I was never much of a partier anyway, I preferred to stay home and hang out with people I loved rather than go out and be crazy. But none of my friends would tell you I've changed thanks to marriage. I'm sure they WOULD say I've changed thanks to becoming a mom, but not for becoming a wife :)

deadlights86
by Emily on May. 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM
I haven't changed a bit. I don't like party's and I don't drink.
catholicmamamia
by on May. 13, 2014 at 8:41 PM

No.. not for me. 

Koreejean
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Yes and no. I got married young so while i am basically the same person that i was before,I am starting to find out who i truly  am with my husbands support.

Freela
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 9:16 PM

It's funny, when I first got engaged, I felt like I should be somehow different... like I should trade in my clothes for aprons and pearls or something (I got engaged really young, maybe that's why I felt that way.  I was 18, it was the grunge 90s, I have a picture of me showing off my ring wearing a band concert shirt and black nail polish.)  Ultimately, I probably didn't change very much upon becoming a wife.  We already lived together and it didn't feel like a significant change.  Now I did feel like I changed upon having kids, but that wasn't for several years after we got married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN