Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you accompany your spouse/SO to a job interview?

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 3:01 PM
  • 269 Replies
1 mom liked this

My best friend this morning told me she went to her husband's job interview. At first I didn't think anything of it, assuming she'd driven him and sat in the waiting room while he went in for the interview since I know he can't drive himself right now due to an injury to his right foot/ankle, but her husband said she went in with him and had even answered questions that he was asked, as if he wasn't there. He was pretty upset and humiliated by the whole thing, but she thinks he's being ridiculous and that it's perfectly normal for a wife to go into a job interview with her husband like that. While I admit that I've gone on 3rd or 4th job interviews with my husband where they had expressly requested to meet the family, I'd never even think to go unless they'd asked for me, and even on those occasions, I didn't answer questions unless they were put to me (he got those jobs, so I know I didn't hurt his chances, lol). 

Would you go on a job interview with your husband if they didn't ask to meet the family?

by on May. 13, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the.warden
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:02 PM
20 moms liked this
Absolutely not.
MrsApple
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:02 PM
4 moms liked this

No way.My husband has never had a job interview the entire time I've known him (he's had the same job since before we met) but it would never even cross my mind to think that would be appropriate.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting the.warden: Absolutely not.

Jennybenny01
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:10 PM
8 moms liked this
Um no and I am a Supervisor and I would be appalled if that happened. It was bad enough that spouses/parents would pick up applications or call for an interview for their spouse or kid.
4HMomto3
by on May. 13, 2014 at 3:18 PM
10 moms liked this

No way. Wow. And she thinks he is ridiculous? lol I He has every right to feel humiliated and upset. If she is did that and answered the questions and such like he wasn't there, then there is obviously way more issues going on in that marriage than just her going to an interview. 

kaybayblee3
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:19 PM
7 moms liked this

No, he's a big boy. Now if he needed a ride, I could see that, but I would still stay my ass in the car until afterwards.

lanceandhailey
3 moms liked this

Hell no....poor guy

oliveoil423

i have twice cause my husband didnt have a car. so i took him to the interviews well at least two of them. and i would walk in with him and sit till he got out or walk around the furniture place. cause it was to hot to sit in the car with a baby.

Traci_Momof2
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:39 PM
7 moms liked this

I've never gone on a job interview with my husband and he's never gone on one with me.  I've never even heard of that before.  She thinks it's normal???  What planet was she raised on?

ChangingLanes
by on May. 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM
5 moms liked this

NO...and that is weird.......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN