Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How often do you and your SO fight?

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM
  • 108 Replies

DH and I got into a fight last night. It was really stupid so I won't go into the details but suffice it to say, we were both wrong to snap as we did and it really shouldn't have escalated into a verbal altercation as it did, but it seems like we're both on short fuses lately and we're fighting a lot when we seldom ever used to fight before.

Is it normal to fight frequently? How often do you and your DH/SO fight?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on May. 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chaotic.mind
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 4:22 PM

We have little arguments here and there over stupid shit too. We always talk it out and get through it. We never name call or get physical though. 

AnAngelInMe
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I have heard the saying several times...if the relationship was bad at the beginning the relationship will have a bad ending........NOT TRUE!!!

Shortly after we fell in love and got together as a couple, we argued like every other day. Physical fight and all. We were horrible...nobody thought we would last...not even us!! Since we moved into this house for some reason the arguing died down, and then eventually became normal. I am not sure if its because we are in a different stage in our lives now, I am preggos with his first baby, he is happy about that, he is more focused on his business, I give him advice....mainly the fighting was other women. I see a lot of improvement from him so we just don't argue anymore....oh yea and we also argued over dumb stuff too. If we argue now, its sometimes, and don't last very long.

deadlights86
by Emily on May. 14, 2014 at 5:13 PM
3 moms liked this
We bicker but rarely do we ever have an actual fight.
rockinmomto2
by on May. 14, 2014 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Fight? Like, an actual serious argument? Maybe once or twice a month. We bicker on a weekly basis though. It's totally normal to argue with your SO.

stephs5isenough
by on May. 14, 2014 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I are arguing more often than not.

Misstearia
by on May. 14, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I know this sounds like BS, but we really don't. We've been together for 10 years come August, and I can count on 2 hands the number of fights we've had. That's not to say we haven't disagreed on things; of course we have. We just make a conscious effort to discuss our points of view and to reach a common ground. It isn't always easy, but our individual personalities are such that we are both able to hear a different opinion than our own and give it real consideration, which in turn, allows us to come to rational compromises and conclusions.
Misstearia
by on May. 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
It sounds to me (from the little information provided) that your fights are the result of many smaller disagreements that get swept under the rug in an attempt to keep the peace. Eventually, all of that irritation builds up, and a big fight erupts. That's what used to happen with me and DH. Once we figured out that we really were capable of talking to one another and letting them know what was bothering us even on the little things, we no longer had big fights.

No idea if you will think this sounds like you or not, but I figured I'd put it out there just in case. :)
SaskMummy
by New Member on May. 14, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

we have little disagreemetns probably a couple times a week but not a fight per say.. once a month we might have a blow out but i think its normal to fight once in a blew moon it means your human.

Aniyunwiya
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Not often, we bicker sometimes but nothing serious.

Part of it is, i straight our refuse to respond to yelling, this was a problem in the beginning as DH was a yeller. If one person stars yelling and the other starts yelling louder (to be heard), all you have is two people yelling and no one listening. I flat out told him, when he wants to talk to me in a CALM tone, like an adult, instead of yelling like a child, we will talk. If i think his voice starts rising, i will stop talking, that takes away the power of the yelling as i'm not feeding it.

ladyvamp5489
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

We have been married 18 yrs and have only 2 "fights/arguments" we just dont do it, we discuss calmly and compromise. But it helps we think alike on alot of things. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)