Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
What would you do or say or how would you feel if your husband told you he dosent want anymore kids if you were considering another in the future....
by on May. 15, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Replies (11-19):
SpiritedWitch
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 8:51 PM

We had the opposite issue. He wanted more and I said "When you have the second one, I will have the another one." That was 29 years ago ... I'm still waiting to see that second kid. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 16, 2014 at 4:39 PM

My husband and I agreed on the same # of children before marriage and luckily, neither of us changed our mind. lol. If I was in that situation, I would just find a way to accept it.

LadyBast
by Brenda on May. 16, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Depends on how many you have and age to me..

I do not want any more I am too old and have too many medical issues, if he said no and I was healthy and younger I would say fine we only have 1 and that is fine w/me we did want another but it did not happen!

MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 17, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I would respect his decisions. You don't want to get yourself mixed up in a situation that involves you being pregnant and him not wanting the baby. That would be bad for everyone. If he eventually changes his mind, then yay for you! But if not, be happy with the children you DO have and enjoy your family!

mistressflora
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Well i am not considering anymore more so i would be fine with it. But hes actually wants another. 

if it was switched, idk i guess id have to live with it

aurora.dove
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 4:18 PM

He has said he doesn't want more and I do. As of now I am getting an IUD put in, and we'll reevaluate and see if he is still totally against more kids in 5 years when it's time to have it taken out. 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:14 AM

I completely agree

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

I'd respect his wishes.  Both partners need to be on the same page before having a child.  Perhaps he'll change his mind in the future... perhaps not.  I'd focus on the children I do have and not focus on the child that could be.

Getting pregnant on purpose without consulting and being in agreement with your partner first is just plain wrong.  (Not saying you're doing that, just saying it in general terms)

3xangel
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

I'd respect his wishes.  Both partners need to be on the same page before having a child.  Perhaps he'll change his mind in the future... perhaps not.  I'd focus on the children I do have and not focus on the child that could be.

Getting pregnant on purpose without consulting and being in agreement with your partner first is just plain wrong.  (Not saying you're doing that, just saying it in general terms)

Acid
by on May. 21, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I'd respect him and leave it alone for a while.  I might try to approach it later on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)