Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Store Won't Let Husbands Buy Paint Without Notes From Their Wives??

Posted by   + Show Post

Store Won't Let Husbands Buy Paint Without Notes From Their Wives

by Adriana Velez

funny sign at hardware storeOkay married couples, what usually happens when you decide to paint a room? You both look at paint chips, tape them to the wall, discuss at length, and then one or both of you shows up at the paint store and purchases a mutually agreed-upon color. Right? I mean, that's how I always did it. But maybe there are some rogue husbands out there making unilateral paint color purchases. (HOWCOULDYOU?!?) Because someone found this hilarious sign at a hardware store reading: "Husbands MUST have a note from their wives before selecting colors."

Really, hardware store? This is the kind of world we live in, now? Couples counseling at Home Depot! You have to wonder what those wives' notes are going to look like. And for that matter, you have to wonder if other stores ought to require notes from spouses before a purchase. I'm sure that wouldn't lead to any charges of sexism at all ...

Note for the Hardware Store

Note for the Hardware Store

Not to be confused with "Cherub Feather," which we agreed looked vaguely dingy.

Note for the Garden Center

Oh Dave, you really screwed up last year's annual purchase.

Note for the Plumbing Supply Store

When it comes to bathroom fixtures, it's just not a good time for impulse buys.

Note for the Drug Store

Poor Scott.

Note for the Furniture Store

Note for the Furniture Store

William's taste is not to be trusted.

Note for the Grocery Store

When speed matters more than taste.

What do you think about the store requiring husbands bring a note from home?

by on May. 16, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Replies (21-26):
brown-diva
by Member on May. 17, 2014 at 4:37 PM
love it. maybe got too much returns. funny though
ambcortez
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2014 at 8:58 PM

That's ridiculous. I mean, it's paint. Are women really that nuts about certain colors?

Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:13 AM

I thing the same thing.   Honestly, how would they even know if a man was married or not?  Sure some wear rings but they don't all wear them.  They probably get a big kick out of the guys that take it seriously or at least wonder if it's serious.  

Quoting bamababe1975:

I think that sign is a joke, not meant as a serious directive to customers. After all, sometimes it's the women buying paint and they can make mistakes just as often as the men. Plus, single men and gay men also buy paint and obviously wouldn't be able to have a note. I think someone was just making a funny and it fell flat for some people.

rockchickmom
by on May. 19, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Lol love it. I agree with this. Men are useless at a lot of things and this is one of them. I wouldn't let my partner go alone though.. no way. 

booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:17 AM
That's silly. And hopefully a joke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by on May. 19, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I think it is funny as all hell.  This is so AWESOME!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)