Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Wedding Pictures! PIC HEAVY!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

DH and I got married back in November and had an amazing wedding. I'm sure some will think it wasn't 'nice' but we loved it! I just wanted to share some pics from our big day! These are just some of my favorite pics.  Do you have any favorite pictures of your wedding day you want to share?

Getting ready!

DHs ring

KISS!

We used biodegradeable confetti that got EVERYWHERE!!!!! lol

Groomsmen from left- Dave, Matt, DHs brother Nate, and DH

From left- Krista, Melody, and my sister Michelle

LOVE this one- they are loving DHs ring! lol

First Dance

Cake- I made my own wedding cake!

DHs parents in the photo booth

Our beautiful family! Our three daughters loved being in the wedding

by on May. 18, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Replies (71-79):
LClark1973
by Member on May. 20, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Truthfully, I wanted to get married outside and have a catere recpetion. My future MIL did not like any of the two options I offered. I have no idea why it was not acceptable to her, but I just gave up. That is what I ended up with and it was very boring and dismal.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Did you not want a traditional wedding?

Thank you! It seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves! I've had several people say that it was the most fun wedding they have attended!

Quoting LClark1973:

I did'nt get a wedding. I got a ceremony in my mother in laws living room before Thanksgiving dinner. Our wedding cake was lemon. I hate lemon cake. It's gross.

Your wedding however looked amazing. It also looked like you enjoyed yourself.

alexsmomma06
by Member on May. 20, 2014 at 8:44 PM

aww, that sucks. DH and I paid for everything so we said 'screw you' to everyone who didn't like what we were doing. That really is to bad that you didn't get what you wanted on your wedding day.

Quoting LClark1973:

Truthfully, I wanted to get married outside and have a catere recpetion. My future MIL did not like any of the two options I offered. I have no idea why it was not acceptable to her, but I just gave up. That is what I ended up with and it was very boring and dismal.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Thank you! It seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves! I've had several people say that it was the most fun wedding they have attended!

Quoting LClark1973:

I did'nt get a wedding. I got a ceremony in my mother in laws living room before Thanksgiving dinner. Our wedding cake was lemon. I hate lemon cake. It's gross.

LClark1973
by Member on May. 20, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Here was the best part of the discussion. She told me I am giving her $10,000 and she will plan an acceptable wedding for me. WTF !!!? I don't think so.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

aww, that sucks. DH and I paid for everything so we said 'screw you' to everyone who didn't like what we were doing. That really is to bad that you didn't get what you wanted on your wedding day.

Quoting LClark1973:

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Quoting LClark1973:

twinners.mama
by Member on May. 20, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Beautiful
Aslen
by Member on May. 20, 2014 at 9:24 PM

and I yours..... Ohhhhhhh to the middle fo THAT sandwhich!

Quoting alexsmomma06:

lol,Thank you!  Although I did read that in Benedict Cumberbatchs voice! LOVE your profile pic!

Quoting Aslen: What no pinstripes? No Converse? I'm very disappointed young lady! Lol j/k. It was beautiful!

alexsmomma06
by Member on May. 20, 2014 at 10:40 PM

O Face

jenna

MY BODY IS READY

Quoting Aslen:

and I yours..... Ohhhhhhh to the middle fo THAT sandwhich!

Quoting alexsmomma06:

lol,Thank you!  Although I did read that in Benedict Cumberbatchs voice! LOVE your profile pic!

Quoting Aslen: What no pinstripes? No Converse? I'm very disappointed young lady! Lol j/k. It was beautiful!

noelgray
by Member on May. 20, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Gorgeous!!!

Avery Drew (grew wings 1/5/08 at 6wks 3days gestation)
Skylar Dakota (grew wings 4/19/08 at 5wks 1day gestation)
Charlie Blake (grew wings 4/4/10 at 4wks 3days gestation)
Proud Mommy to 2 furbabies - Thor & Loki 

alexsmomma06
by Member on May. 20, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Forget that! We spent about $11K on ours but there was no way in hell I would turn that money over to someone else and let them plan everything! She sounds like a real peach....

Quoting LClark1973:

Here was the best part of the discussion. She told me I am giving her $10,000 and she will plan an acceptable wedding for me. WTF !!!? I don't think so.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Quoting LClark1973:

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Quoting LClark1973:

LClark1973
by Member on May. 21, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Seeing as how I only made around $18,000 the entire year, and only took home around $15,000. I was looking more at a budget of possibly $1,500 to $2,000.  So, giving her $10,000 was impossible. She had an epic temper tantrum, because we had to get married at their house like her daughter did. It is honestly rubbish. I did not want to get married at her house and rent porti potties. How classy that would be.

But my ideas were totally unacceptable. I honestly just at that point said, " Not happening. " She has been obsessed with getting my husband, and I to give her $10,000 in the years since this incident. It's like she could'nt force me to pay for landscaping her yard and all the other crap that had to be done to make her yard acceptable to her. 

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Forget that! We spent about $11K on ours but there was no way in hell I would turn that money over to someone else and let them plan everything! She sounds like a real peach....

Quoting LClark1973:

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Quoting LClark1973:

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Quoting LClark1973:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN