Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

DH does not want to go to any of my family functions!!??!

Posted by on May. 22, 2014 at 2:35 PM
  • 35 Replies

Everytime my family wants us to come to dinner or come to the movies or help them do something, my husband does not want to go he wants to hang out with his friends instead or ride around on his motercycle idk what to do it drives me crazy. When his family had their family reunion I was the one who got all the details and made us go he wasn't even going at all. I dont get him. 

by on May. 22, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2read
by Member on May. 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Some people just don't view those family gatherings as that important, and clearly he is one of them. Does his family or yours get angry that he doesn't show up?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

LadyBast
by Brenda on May. 22, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Some men are like this and do not like family things no matter if it is his or your family, I do not like them I no longer have family and his is in NC so we do not do them either but the travel distance for us is bad...

4HMomto3
by on May. 22, 2014 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Then go with out him.  I have two uncles (married into the family) that has rarely attended family things. That didnt stop my aunts or cousins from coming. 

deadlights86
by Emily on May. 22, 2014 at 9:55 PM
My dh and my brother are the same way.
Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2014 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Everybody is different

bgarner1989
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband is the same way doesn't do family get togethers but will stick it out for the boys and I. His family doesn't do Christmas or thanksgiving and don't do anything together as a family where my family uses any excuse to get together. My family was all about familyup until my grandma died in 05 now we rarley get together so when we do we all make sure to go. Plus my gpa will be leaving to move to hawaii in aug. And my aunt won't be far behind him. I enjoy get togethers. I'm just thankfuk my husband sucks it up and goes.
EcoModernMom
by on May. 23, 2014 at 10:50 AM
I don't like going to his family functions, and he don't like to go to mine. honestly, id rather he didn't go to mine, lol.
furbabymum
by on May. 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM

My family events are optional for my husband. Sometimes he goes but often he does not. He's not a fan of social occassions and I have a better time if he's not there demanding we leave earlier then I would like. Works for us both. So I say you just accept it and go about your business.

serenitycat
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM

my h loves to go to family events!  my family loves him - and seriously for my h any event with food is a good time for him - especially if they have beer too!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on May. 23, 2014 at 1:23 PM
I never expect my husband to go to my family's events. Totally optional for him. I actually prefer he doesn't go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN