Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello you are my husband right? Act like you care.

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I get men are not always going to care, but for my husband it's like HELLO am I even there!!! I am really getting tired of when we get into arguments or me just venting that he is a stone wall. Seriously I have tried every angle in getting him to engage, but instead he just says I don't know how to handle situations...... sounds like a cop out to me! Please help me figure out tips on how to have my husband care. 

*Surf Life*at the beach

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:31 PM

can you give a specific example?

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Has he ALWAYS been this way with you?  If he has, then there likely isn't anything you can do.  If he hasn't always been that way, then the best way to figure out how to make it better would be to pinpoint when it changed to the way it is now.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:45 AM
How long have you been married?
Charlotte1608
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Argh! sounds like my husband. When we are having a discussion he will just sit there and not say a word. And then I get pissed off at him because I am asking him what he thinks and he just stays mute.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:29 AM

Maybe he just really DOESN'T know how to handle emotional situations. A lot of men, and women, don't. They freeze. 

furbabymum
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:51 AM

So you're trying to force him into something he isn't? I get ya. My DH is not emotionally supportive. He's incapable of it. I mean really, he is. We go to counseling, it's not like he hasn't tried, it's just not happening. So I've had to accept that about him and seek that emotional support elsewhere.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)