Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

to drink or not to drink...

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:01 PM
  • 177 Replies

this post could be a lot longer, but i'm gonna boil it down to a question or two:

--on a day off (well, the night before a day off), does your significant other drink by themselves? with you? at a bar? or, are YOU the drinker?

--if so, why? and are you okay with your significant other doing so?

i have this problem with my boyfriend (he's the one drinking), so, i'd like to hear some perspectives on this topic. and just f.y.i: my personal stance on this is NO DRINKING. i can't stand it. it annoys me and i want absolutely nothing to do with him on his night off since he does this---so after baby goes down for the night, i head into our bedroom and shut the door and that's where i stay until i fall asleep. frankly, i don't know what else to do other than pop open a beer myself, but i really don't want to!! 

by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Is he getting drunk?

Yes, both dh and I enjoy having a drink every now and again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Does he get drunk, like sloppy drunk or just a beer or two?

DH will have a beer or a glass of wine, sometimes I join him and sometimes I don't. Doesn't bother me at all.
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:04 PM

He doesn't always but yeah,there's occasions where he enjoys a drink or two on his friday night and I usually have a drink or two with him.Neither of us drink to get drunk.I'd probably have an issue if that was his goal every friday night.

deadlights86
by Emily on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't drink and dh almost never drinks.
amybrg86
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Quoting booaura: Is he getting drunk? Yes, both dh and I enjoy having a drink every now and again.

nope, not drunk.  i just don't drink anymore, so i find it quite repelling.  :/

amybrg86
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: Does he get drunk, like sloppy drunk or just a beer or two? DH will have a beer or a glass of wine, sometimes I join him and sometimes I don't. Doesn't bother me at all.

2-3 of the larger cans of beer. ugh, i wish it didn't bother me!!

booaura
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Why? He has the right to drink, regardless of your feelings about it, he's an adult. As long as he doesn't get drunk, don't make an issue out of nothing.

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting booaura: Is he getting drunk?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amybrg86
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Quoting MrsApple:

He doesn't always but yeah,there's occasions where he enjoys a drink or two on his friday night and I usually have a drink or two with him.Neither of us drink to get drunk.I'd probably have an issue if that was his goal every friday night.

i just don't understand the whole drinking thing anymore! i'm 28, he's 30. before our son, i will say he and i were a couple of drinkers...  but once i got pregnant i of course stopped drinking and i haven't drank since (our son is 8 months now). he's not drinking to get drunk---apparently, he 'enjoys' it. wtf...i just don't get it!! what's to enjoy about staying up late, sleeping in late, wasting all that time sleeping/hungover while he could be productive with our son and i, so on and so on....

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:12 PM
This!

Quoting booaura: Why? He has the right to drink, regardless of your feelings about it, he's an adult. As long as he doesn't get drunk, don't make an issue out of nothing.

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting booaura: Is he getting drunk?

amybrg86
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Quoting deadlights86: I don't drink and dh almost never drinks.

well, i wish mine 'almost never' drank! ugh...   i mean really, you guys don't feel like your life/lives is/are any less because there's no alcohol involved do you???  what is so fulfilling about drinking anyways??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN