Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How to stop the jerkish behavior?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am starting to feel like I want out. My DH is so rude and not nice to me. I know it's not me. I go out of my way to do the things that make him happy but it just never seems like enough. What hurts me the most is when he is mean to me in front of our kids. Just don't know how to make it stop. I've tried talking to him but it doesn't seem to help. In a way, I sorta feel like he's given up on me as well...don't know what to do. Our kids are 3 and 1.
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jarkrt
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM
I'd leave. It won't change, and it'll probably get worse.
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Well, if it's not a deal breaker then maybe just start ignoring him when he acts like that.  When people are mean to others, it's often because they get something out of it.   Don't give him his payoff. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I think he's intimidated by all of your efforts to improve yourself. Instead of appreciating all of your positive changes, he's seeing everything that is wrong with him instead. He's lost his security as you've lost weight. It's his problem, not yours.

Aslen
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:33 AM

you play gritball.

Grab yourself by the ovaries and STAND UP FOR YOURSELF

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

you make it stop by putting your foot down, standing up for yourself, and being prepared to walk out. Counseling is probably in order.

New habits don't just start outomatically. Old ones don't stop that way, either.

Are you expecting a sudden overnight epiphany?

LadyBast
by Brenda on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM

If you have talked to him and he is not changing then you need to make the changes for you and the kids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN