Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How involved was your spouse when it came to.....

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:43 PM
  • 39 Replies

How involved was your spouse in the wedding planning?  Were they super involved or did everything get left up to you?  Were you happy with the way it went or do you wish they had been more or less involved?

Thanks for sharing.
Krys.

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:47 PM

dh was not super invovled  and most things were left up to me and in retrospect I wish that he had been more involved.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My hubby wasn't super involved with the planning and that was ok.  His only goal it all of it was becomming my husband.  I ran things by him, occasionally asked if he like this or that better but for the most part it was on me.   We had a pretty small wedding and there wasn't much planning to do though.  Truth be told, we considered eloping but he didn't want to risk me regretting not having a wedding later in life.

Mallydew
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:12 PM
We got married three weeks ago. We were engaged about a year and a half. The first 6 months he had his hand in everything and it drove me nuts! After that he backed off and then that drove me nuts lol so I talked to him and told him that what I needed from him was that if I asked about something in particular or e wanted something he needed to say it. From then on he was involved just the right amount. We had a beach wedding and he was in charge of decorating the beach and putting out the chairs. He did an awesome job! If DH wants to help let him :)
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:18 PM

It was all up to me and I preferred it that way.  If I asked him to do something or help he would but it was pretty much whatever I wanted.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Todd was VERY involved (we involved our 5 kids who were mostly tweens and teens at the time too on purpose and they loved it).  Todd and I made up our own  ceremony with our own personal mini ceremonies within it with lots of symbolism and we wrote the entire thing from beginning to end and choreographed it together and we both sang all the songs for it and we handmade a lot of things together as a family for it and we both brainstormed together to come up with unique ideas to make it very US and very special and  meaningful and fun together. He went shopping for every single thing with me too. We even had a whole family vote  among  the 7 of us for what flavor cake everyone wanted (all 5 kids picked cheesecake (not cheesecake flavor but actual cheesecake) Todd and  I love that too but we told them we wanted something that we could decorate to look more like a wedding cake more easily than that  would be so then they unanimously voted for cookies and cream. haha so that's what we went with. 

Todd even pinned all the little rhinestone hairpins into our 3 daughters' hair while I was getting myself ready for the wedding and he did a great job. It was so sweet. 

I am SO happy he put so much  into it and that the kids did too. I love how it all went from  the planning thru the special engagement things we did, thru the wedding, receptions and honeymoon and family moon. We were a great team. : ) 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

CampClan
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:46 PM
My first wedding my ex had no say in anything. Maybe because it was a shotgun wedding & we had less than a money to plan. HAHA

My next wedding I can tell my BF will be very involved in. He's already given me some input as to what he would like. And we're not even engaged yet!
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Quoting Mallydew: We got married three weeks ago. We were engaged about a year and a half. The first 6 months he had his hand in everything and it drove me nuts! After that he backed off and then that drove me nuts lol so I talked to him and told him that what I needed from him was that if I asked about something in particular or e wanted something he needed to say it. From then on he was involved just the right amount. We had a beach wedding and he was in charge of decorating the beach and putting out the chairs. He did an awesome job! If DH wants to help let him :)

Congratulations!   Also, I'm glad you talked to him and he found a good middle ground. 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I knew if you answered this post that the reply would be that he was VERY involved.  I even thought about you when I was making it.  :)   

Quoting earthangel1967:

Todd was VERY involved (we involved our 5 kids who were mostly tweens and teens at the time too on purpose and they loved it).  Todd and I made up our own  ceremony with our own personal mini ceremonies within it with lots of symbolism and we wrote the entire thing from beginning to end and choreographed it together and we both sang all the songs for it and we handmade a lot of things together as a family for it and we both brainstormed together to come up with unique ideas to make it very US and very special and  meaningful and fun together. He went shopping for every single thing with me too. We even had a whole family vote  among  the 7 of us for what flavor cake everyone wanted (all 5 kids picked cheesecake (not cheesecake flavor but actual cheesecake) Todd and  I love that too but we told them we wanted something that we could decorate to look more like a wedding cake more easily than that  would be so then they unanimously voted for cookies and cream. haha so that's what we went with. 

Todd even pinned all the little rhinestone hairpins into our 3 daughters' hair while I was getting myself ready for the wedding and he did a great job. It was so sweet. 

I am SO happy he put so much  into it and that the kids did too. I love how it all went from  the planning thru the special engagement things we did, thru the wedding, receptions and honeymoon and family moon. We were a great team. : ) 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:58 PM

rolling on floorembarrassed hahaha (blush) I can't help it.. If I didn't say that.. I'd either have to lie or say nothing at all. lol.... He's a really creative and involved guy... so I can't imagine doing the wedding without him. lol

Quoting Krysden:

I knew if you answered this post that the reply would be that he was VERY involved.  I even thought about you when I was making it.  :)   

Quoting earthangel1967:

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Momma_2_boys
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:11 AM

His brothers wife and I basically took over the whole thing. Which I was totally fine with. Only thing I wish we did different was having an actual wedding instead of at the court house. We really just planned the reception so it wasn't to much. Then DH and I planned our Miami honeymoon together, which was why we did a court house wedding to have money for the honeymoon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)