Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Wedding: Food Truck yay or nay? (pic)

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:28 PM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this

So my DFand I are getting married in the warehouse of the local brewery he works at and is our frequent bar of choice. We're struggling because for the most part it's being paid for by us so we're trying to have as nice of a wedding as possible while being budget conscious. We started off wanting just appetizers but after eating at this food truck we've decided we want them to cater and do a per person set price that is all you can eat!

When I told my mom we were going with a Food Truck she seemed to feel a certain way about it so I wanted to get opinions on if you find it trashy or not. It is a taco truck but it's all fresh (even the fish is from the beach day of) and they're more a "southern California" sytled taco.

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it would be kinda cool with a brewery being the venue. How will they serve everyone ? Will guests have to stand inline?

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:37 PM
3 moms liked this
I think that's awesome! I would love that, if I were a guest. It's a great break from the boring chicken, steak, etc. that you get at most weddings.
Mommy383
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Those tacos look good. And based on your venue choice this would go great with it!!

svolkov
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Love it! As long as you are footing the bill I think its neat being non traditional
AmericanChild82
1 mom liked this
That's pretty creative. Taco's look good from the picture. It's a unique way of feeding everyone for a pretty decent price.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FutureCooper118

I thought it was pretty fitting for our location and style! The thing is there is a brewery tour on the day I picked (and I refuse to go with another date- I'm big with numbers and they won't let us buy it out for the day and aren't charging us to rent AND providing the beer) so there will be a little lull between ceremony and reception so I was thinking just having him park outside of the brewery and people can get tokens (so we can keep up with who is with the wedding since the bar upstairs will still be open) and with everything else going on I don't see it being a line of 200 people at one time. But we haven't met with him yet, I'm sure he has it worked out better.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I think it would be kinda cool with a brewery being the venue. How will they serve everyone ? Will guests have to stand inline?

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FutureCooper118:

I thought it was pretty fitting for our location and style! The thing is there is a brewery tour on the day I picked (and I refuse to go with another date- I'm big with numbers and they won't let us buy it out for the day and aren't charging us to rent AND providing the beer) so there will be a little lull between ceremony and reception so I was thinking just having him park outside of the brewery and people can get tokens (so we can keep up with who is with the wedding since the bar upstairs will still be open) and with everything else going on I don't see it being a line of 200 people at one time. But we haven't met with him yet, I'm sure he has it worked out better.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I think it would be weird to stand in line outside like in an alley. Is there a way to have servers ? Maybe a printed menu people order , servers run it out to truck wait and deliver it ? Or is there a door he could drive the truck into ?

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Another thought have 3 or 4 choices , print it up have guests decide ahead of time ? Then day of vendor knows how much of each item he needs and its gets served to guests ?

FutureCooper118
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

def footing the bill! $10 per person all you can eat! :D

Quoting svolkov: Love it! As long as you are footing the bill I think its neat being non traditional

FutureCooper118
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

2 words... cilantro aoli YUMM

Quoting AmericanChild82: That's pretty creative. Taco's look good from the picture. It's a unique way of feeding everyone for a pretty decent price.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN