Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I think I should leave the group, but don't want to............

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:18 PM
  • 37 Replies

My bf/dearexh and I had a massive argument on 6/13/14 after I took him out to dinner for his birthday.  I wanted to know where our relationship was going because he gave me an engagement ring and then a few days later he told me he really enjoyed being single and was not afraid to be alone and living with his parents.  Then he let the biggest bomb drop when he told me he did not love the other woman whom he married, he was just lonely.  WTF?  I dropped him off at his parents house and we have not spoken since.  I fired him from doing my lawn care, I paid him $150 per month to mow my lawn twice.  He lives at home and pays no bills, but charges his father $200 per month to mow the lawn.  (his father bought the $6800 lawnmower, to boot)  I am an emotional wreck.  I am either crying nonstop or so angry I cannot even think about living one more day.  I have no idea what to do.  I love him, he does not love me.  Then why did we date, go to counseling, give me an engagement ring and make plans for a new home, when all he wants is to live with his parents?  I am 'this close' to putting a gun to my head and getting this pain over with. 

by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM
5 moms liked this

oliveoil423
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Talk to some on her that can help you with the pain before you go and do. It no need to cry over a guy like him. It was wrong of him to ask you tht question and decide that he wanted to be single. There are a lot of people out there that is right for you. You just got to look in the right place.
twinners.mama
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I know you more from another group rather than this one. I can tell you this. From how you are in our other group you are too damn good for him. You may love him and care deeply for him, but he's doing you a favor by showing his true colors before you were married. If you truly have feelings of harming yourself you need to seek professional to speak to and help you through it. Where is your puppy!? Snuggle and let him comfort you!! It will be okay Hun!
mrsbrand
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM
I understand that you are really upset, but do not joke about suicide. If you are honestly considering suicide you need to get in touch with the suicide prevention hotline. I don't think you should leave this group either, the women here can be a great source of advice and support as you reenter the dating world, if that's what you choose to do. Personally I think I would leave him, I couldn't do that hot and cold thing. I need stability and consistency in a relationship.
furbabymum
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Please don't do that. You must realize that loser isn't worth killing yourself over. Plus, what would that do to your kids? He's a loser, at least he came forward with that. Really though....he takes advantage of his parents....why did you think he was a good guy? Anyway, not helpful. Don't kill yourself. You're a great person and you have a long, happy life ahead of yourself.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:00 PM

He's an loser and you are not! PLEASE DO NOT DO ANYTHING RASH! And don't leave the group! You're worth living a happy life,you deserve it! Let him go.

MsBlueBelle
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Sometimes I feel this way, and moments later I am lost in day or night terror, my PTSD is off the charts.  Even my service dog is confused.  He doesn't have a clue on what to do.  My terrors are when I remember crashing my airplane in the Air Force, I smell the metal, the burning fuel, I taste my blood and I remember trying to get my crew out of the debrise to get them to safety.  

this is what it should have been like.  This is a touch and go, land and take off within seconds.

I landed with no landing gear and belly whopped her in. 

MsBlueBelle
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I had not given him his engagement gift.  In my late fathers estate, which I got everything, there was a box of 105 $5 US Gold Coins, valued at (low ball average) $2500 each.  He drooled over those coins and I was going to give them to him as a wedding gift.  I guess you cannot buy love?

About $262,000 worth of gold.  My grandparents purchased a $5 gold coin for each of my four sisters and myself every year for our Christmas gift.  I have 21 sets of 5 (each) of the same date gold coins.  They are all secure and worth more because of the rare dates my Grandparents bought.  They sit in the safe deposit box at the bank.  I have seen them many times growing up in a worn out cigar box.

MsBlueBelle
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Should I give him back the ring?

sophiesister2
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Please tell me you dont mean that and are just frustrated! I can definitely relate to being that frustrated. Has he tried to get in contact with you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN