Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Time frame

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:18 AM
  • 71 Replies
How long did you & your husband date before getting engaged & then getting married.?
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
furbabymum
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:26 AM
3 moms liked this

We were married exactly 5 months after the first time we met. We are going away this weekend to celebrate 10 years.

JDsWifey
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:39 AM
A little over a year
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:45 AM

congratshappy anniversary Awww happy anniversary!!  Where are you two going away to or is it a secret until you get back? : ) 

Todd and I are planning a small get away weekend for when we celebrate our wedding anniversary in Sept and are excited about that. : ) 

We are only driving several hours away from home to Ohio and spending one night in a hotel and we are going to go on a tour of underground caverns one w/ crystals and stalagmites and stalagtites (I've been once before about 2 decades ago but Todd has never been so I'm extra excited for him : )  and what we are MUCH more excited about than that is going thru our first drive thru safari and this one you are allowed to roll down the windows so the animals can put their heads in the car and you get to feed them food they give you for them and I heard once you pay you can drive thru multiple times if you want to so they will probably be shocked how many times we end up driving thru hahaha 

I hope you guys have a wonderful time on your weekend! : ) 

Quoting furbabymum:

We were married exactly 5 months after the first time we met. We are going away this weekend to celebrate 10 years.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:47 AM

dated about 6 months before getting engaged. Married 7 months later, 22 1/2 years ago.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:51 AM

We met online dating site and even though we only lived 40 min away from one another we talked frequently in depth just online and on phone for 3 mos before I agreed to meeting in person for 1st date.. Then to both our unexpected shock we agreed we wanted to be exclusive at the end of that 1st 16 hr date and we spent weekends together for the next 7 mos and then at 7 mos later we bought a house together and we started raising his 1 bio daughter he  had full custody of and my 4 bio kids I had full custody of together as OUR 5 (which the kids were thrilled about - they all loved us and us them, and all of them with one another from the time they met) and were hoping me and Todd would stay together forever... 

Then after 5 mos of living together on the 1 yr anniversary of our 1st date he proposed to me (he asked the  kids permission first and they were thrilled .. so they knew but i had no clue lol) 

Then since we wanted to marry in sept it would either be 4 mos til wedding or 16 mos so we got married 16 mos later because we wanted enough time for all 7 of us to be very involved in the planning and to make it unique and our dream wedding for all of us. We are glad we did. 

We've been together very very happily 11 yrs now and married (going on 9 in sept)... our 5 kids are all young adults on their own now and we are all still very close knit : ) 

Are you married or engaged? What is or was your time frame? : ) 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

LucasMommie1215
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:00 AM

married.. We talked off and on for a couple years.went on a few dates. I then was with my sons father for 2 years thats when I had lucas he is 6 mo old. after  6 weeks of lucas being born me and my sons father split up ( we werent married) and my husband & i started talking again.  we started talking/dating jan 19 he propsed march 23 and we got married april 19.  we knew eachother very well before and were pretty much best friends 

lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:01 AM
We were engaged after 3 months & married 5 months later.

We've been married ten years now. We have three girls -- 7, 4, 1 & just found out we're expecting #4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucasMommie1215
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Quoting lillybug222: We were engaged after 3 months & married 5 months later. We've been married ten years now. We have three girls -- 7, 4, 1 & just found out we're expecting #4.

awwee congrats..

PogoPalOj
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

I met my husband my first day at work as a security guard and we were married six months later.  We just has our twenty first anniversary.woohoo

furbabymum
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

We are just going overnight in Colorado. Nothing too special. We are planning a trip to Mexico to really celebrate in December. So this is just a, "oh yeah we were married" trip. :P

Congrats to you too! Have a great weekend. I'd get in trouble at the safari for NOT driving but parking and never moving. lol

Quoting earthangel1967:

congratshappy anniversary Awww happy anniversary!!  Where are you two going away to or is it a secret until you get back? : ) 

Todd and I are planning a small get away weekend for when we celebrate our wedding anniversary in Sept and are excited about that. : ) 

We are only driving several hours away from home to Ohio and spending one night in a hotel and we are going to go on a tour of underground caverns one w/ crystals and stalagmites and stalagtites (I've been once before about 2 decades ago but Todd has never been so I'm extra excited for him : )  and what we are MUCH more excited about than that is going thru our first drive thru safari and this one you are allowed to roll down the windows so the animals can put their heads in the car and you get to feed them food they give you for them and I heard once you pay you can drive thru multiple times if you want to so they will probably be shocked how many times we end up driving thru hahaha 

I hope you guys have a wonderful time on your weekend! : ) 

Quoting furbabymum:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN