Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Husband and Female CoWorkers

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 11:48 AM
  • 26 Replies

How does anyone feel about your husband becoming friends with a female co-worker? My husband has a female co worker they text from time to time about work. But she leaves little nick names like big head in the text. He left out for work at 11 but doesnt have to be at work until 1. Its only 45 minutes away. I asked if he had to go in early and he said no. He was dressed by 9. That was odd to me. Lately he been saying things that reminds him of a co worker. Like yesterday I farted. I normally dont around him. And he laughed and was like you usually go to the bathroom like my co-worker. I tease her all the time about it. Am I being jealous? Probably.

by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deadlights86
by Emily on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Umm yeah that sounds pretty odd to me. =/

rachellaree20
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:55 PM

That sounds a bit off to me.  My dh has female co-worker friends that he talks to and texts and hangs out with sometimes.  Once in awhile I'll get jealous but I just try to deal with it since it's just me being insecure.  I've met his female coworker friends and we've all hung out together, gone to each other's children's birthday parties, had bbqs together, things like that.

I'd talk to your dh about it and tell him exactly how you feel and the little things you've noticed.  Maybe write it down if it's easier and then read it to him. 

AM-BRAT
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Sounds odd. I wouldn't like it.
chaotic.mind
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I'd question that stuff too.

Moxiesbuddy
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

CharmMom, your concerns are valid. It's probably an unavoidable situation that they spend time together, but definitely one to monitor. At the very least, there is potentially some inappropriate behavior happening outside the professional setting. Maybe the article below on warning signs will help you determine where you are:

http://bit.ly/1npUb8K

BTW - you and your baby are really cute!

Moxiesbuddy

pippi311
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 5:42 PM

well it might be innocent, nothing to freak out over right now (though the leaving early for work would alarm me!) but I would definitely monitor it.

I think being friends with anyone of the opposite sex is dangerous for married people, but as long as their texting is only about work or stupid jokes it might be ok. I would want there to be total transparency though - I would want to be allowed to read any messages if I wished, and if strange behavior started occuring that is out of the ordindary and or anything occurred that I felt uncomfortable with DH would have to stop communication with her if that's what I felt necessary. If it comes down to a co-worker friendship vs spouse it really should not be a choice.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:06 PM
It may be innocent? It may not be? If you are feeling some type of way? Be open and honest with him.
Maries_Mom23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Texting, I'm ok with.  Hell, my DH has over 15 women listed in his contacts.  All coworkers.  He's the supervisor and people are always texting him.  Nicknames and going in early and all...I would be talking to him about that.  

ladyvamp5489
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Quoting deadlights86:

Umm yeah that sounds pretty odd to me. =/

CharmMom1216
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:15 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)