Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hmmm must have been how I raised.

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:44 AM
  • 22 Replies
So dh and I had a nice long talk without fighting. I never realized he needed to hear or have me show him how much I appreciate all he does or the fact he wants and needs to be romanced. Idk it might be how I was raised but I never thought men needed that. I need ideas of how to romance him, I'm not very good at it. Any suggestions?
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Get the book For Women Only: What you need to know about the Inner lives of Men

I stumbled across it on Amazon, bought it, and every time I had a "Really??" revelation, I would ask SO, and he agreed.   Men are all about RESPECT and success, but they have their insecurities, too. Might be a good way for you and your dh to have further conversations

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

MrsKerns10
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:22 AM
I'll look into that. I just never realized he needed this stuff. I never saw my mom romance my dad or tell/show how much she appreciated him. So it really caught me off guard.

Quoting Fayanne:

I stumbled across it on Amazon, bought it, and every time I had a "Really??" revelation, I would ask SO, and he agreed.   Men are all about RESPECT and success, but they have their insecurities, too. Might be a good way for you and your dh to have further conversations

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:31 AM

as far as romance, ask him.

flowers? love notes tucked away for him to find, cards, etc to let him know how you are still attracted to him, how much you admire and respect what he does, ask for his advice about something and follow it, initiate sex, etc

MrsKerns10
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:34 AM
He has been wanting to see a certain movie. Maybe take him out for dinner and a movie. The movie is deliver us from evil, I love scary movies but don't do well with them but I would still take him to it knowing that's something he wants to do. And knowing him he will scary the living shit out of me. Lol

Quoting Fayanne:

as far as romance, ask him.

flowers? love notes tucked away for him to find, cards, etc to let him know how you are still attracted to him, how much you admire and respect what he does, ask for his advice about something and follow it, initiate sex, etc

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:39 AM

My parents were not an example, no love, no respect.

When I was married ... my MIL - she was a SAHM. When her dh got home from work, every day she'd greet him with a martini, and supposedly take his boots off for him ( I never saw it, but was told). They'd sit on the sofa and talk about his day, etc. They had 5 kids but a few times a year they'd park the kids with Grandma and do a getaway just for themselves. And I never ever ever heard her put him down in any way, shape, or form.

They've been married over 60 years.. must be they got some things right.

You can also look up Love Languages quiz, take it, have your dh take it, and see what kinds of things are meaningful to him

Good luck

Quoting MrsKerns10: I'll look into that. I just never realized he needed this stuff. I never saw my mom romance my dad or tell/show how much she appreciated him. So it really caught me off guard.
Quoting Fayanne:

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:40 AM
It the Love Languages you need to learn about
LadyBast
by Brenda on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Ask him what he wants to be sure do you want flowers or just a nice quiet dinner what do you want or consider romance!

liquidtinkerbel
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I just asked my dh what I can do to romance him and he said: Buy me that new drill. I said, no seriously what can I do to make you feel appreciated and loved? He looked at me like I was an alien and said with all sincerity: You can start by never asking me that again. There was more  he said but I'm sure it would be offensive.

chopped headTeam Zombie! (former sn elrikandisis)

deadlights86
by Emily on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol that sounds like my husband.

Quoting liquidtinkerbel:

I just asked my dh what I can do to romance him and he said: Buy me that new drill. I said, no seriously what can I do to make you feel appreciated and loved? He looked at me like I was an alien and said with all sincerity: You can start by never asking me that again. There was more  he said but I'm sure it would be offensive.

PogoPalOj
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I love to romance my husband.  You know how when you get a manicure they give you a hand massage?   Oh, he loves that!  His favorite meal.  Me waiting one him hand and foot.  Letting him have his 'choice in the bedroom.  Telling him how much I appreciate how hard he works for us.  How much I appreiciate it when he is strong for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)