Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If You're From Canada....

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:59 AM
  • 16 Replies
Can you have a cell phone number with the area code 862?
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Sorry in the US!

crushed2014
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:03 AM
No problem. Thanks for the bump!

Quoting LadyBast:

Sorry in the US!

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Depends on where you purchased the phone and if you have an international plan. It is possible, but probably expensive. 

crushed2014
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Hmm.. Okay. Thank you.

Quoting TommyAbby:

Depends on where you purchased the phone and if you have an international plan. It is possible, but probably expensive. 

LDavis33
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I googled that area code for you and it is a New Jersey area code.  As far as I know the U.S. and Canada don't duplicate area codes as we don't use country codes to dial cross border.

Mind you, I know plenty of fellow Canadians (truck drivers' especially) who have cell phones from the US because they are cheaper than Canadian carriers.

crushed2014
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Thank you. I know it's a Jersey number that's why I was so confused. I'm sorry, the last part of your comment confused me. The people you know have an 862 number or no?

Quoting LDavis33:

I googled that area code for you and it is a New Jersey area code.  As far as I know the U.S. and Canada don't duplicate area codes as we don't use country codes to dial cross border.

Mind you, I know plenty of fellow Canadians (truck drivers' especially) who have cell phones from the US because they are cheaper than Canadian carriers.

crushed2014
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Bump!
LDavis33
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Not necessarily 862.  But American area codes in general because they got their phones in the US and use US carriers.

Quoting crushed2014: Thank you. I know it's a Jersey number that's why I was so confused. I'm sorry, the last part of your comment confused me. The people you know have an 862 number or no?
Quoting LDavis33:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Did you Google it?
crushed2014
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Oh okay.

Quoting LDavis33:

Not necessarily 862.  But American area codes in general because they got their phones in the US and use US carriers.

Quoting crushed2014: Thank you. I know it's a Jersey number that's why I was so confused. I'm sorry, the last part of your comment confused me. The people you know have an 862 number or no?

Quoting LDavis33:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)