Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you be angry if he lost his ring?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:51 AM
  • 118 Replies

My husband almost never takes off his ring, but one of his coworkers takes his off all the time. He complains it isn't comfortable and takes it off when he's working on the computer, washing his hands, eating, or just any reason at all because of his discomfort. His wife apparently doesn't care about the ring bothering him and expects him to wear it 24/7/365. Period. Well, yesterday, he came into the office without it on and after about 2hrs he says, "Uh oh." Hubby asks, "What's wrong?" He says, "I think I lost my ring." He went back to the bathroom at work to check for it, they checked the whole office, his car, his pockets, nothing. When he got home, the first thing his wife says is, "Where's your ring?" He came in today and said he thinks she has his ring and is giving him grief over losing it, that they had a HUGE fight and he slept in his car because she kicked him out of the house... over his ring!

If your hubby wears a ring, would you be angry if he lost it? What would you do?

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:57 AM

My husband just lost his.  He takes it off when he goes golfing and when he plays music (guitar)... and rather than take it off before leaving the hosue and putting it somewhere safe, he puts it in his pocket, like an idiot.  Naturally I'm pissed off that he lost his ring, but not enough to allow it to cause a fight.  He just has to cut out golf so he can save for a new one.

ladybugchick317
by Charity on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:58 AM

My hubby would wear his ring when we were out somewhere or at home but when he was working (construction) he would take it off because it would get hung on things while he was working. He did lose it one time and I just laughed and told him not to stress. I know he loves me and is faithful so no I would not get mad.

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Holy crap that woman has issues! It is a ring, a simple piece of metal. Yes it represents something but things can easily be replaced. Neither my husband or I wear our rings. Neither of us are jewelry people. It wouldn't bother me if he lost his. 

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:06 PM

DH doesn't wear a ring and he also found it very uncomfortable when he did.  If it wasn't uncomfortable and he normally wore it I'd probably freak out a little but not enough to have a huge fight and kick him out over it.  It doesn't bother me that he doesn't wear a ring now.

bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Yeah, I think I'd be mad about the expense of replacing it, but not really enough to fight over it, either. How did he react when you told him he has to skip golf until he replaces the ring?

Quoting IQuitCounting:

My husband just lost his.  He takes it off when he goes golfing and when he plays music (guitar)... and rather than take it off before leaving the hosue and putting it somewhere safe, he puts it in his pocket, like an idiot.  Naturally I'm pissed off that he lost his ring, but not enough to allow it to cause a fight.  He just has to cut out golf so he can save for a new one.

bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I don't think a ring has any bearing on fidelity, either, but maybe that's why she got so mad about his? Maybe she doesn't trust him?

Quoting ladybugchick317:

My hubby would wear his ring when we were out somewhere or at home but when he was working (construction) he would take it off because it would get hung on things while he was working. He did lose it one time and I just laughed and told him not to stress. I know he loves me and is faithful so no I would not get mad.

bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Exactly! And even if you're mad enough to argue over it, getting mad enough to kick him out of the house entirely seems way overboard, right?

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Holy crap that woman has issues! It is a ring, a simple piece of metal. Yes it represents something but things can easily be replaced. Neither my husband or I wear our rings. Neither of us are jewelry people. It wouldn't bother me if he lost his. 

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

that's just nuts

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM

He should get a new ring that is more comfortable. 

DH doesn't wear a ring because of his job. 

bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I can totally see the comfort thing. On our 5th anniversary, I asked DH what he'd like for our anniversary and he said, "Well, I'd kinda, you know, like to, um, get a new wedding band. This one kind of digs into the back of my finger." I said, "You've been wearing that ring every day for 5 years with it digging into your finger? Why didn't you say anything?" He said he didn't want to upset me.

Quoting BonitaM:

DH doesn't wear a ring and he also found it very uncomfortable when he did.  If it wasn't uncomfortable and he normally wore it I'd probably freak out a little but not enough to have a huge fight and kick him out over it.  It doesn't bother me that he doesn't wear a ring now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN