Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Domineering wife

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:14 AM
  • 30 Replies
What Type of wife are you?

I've set myself up to be the lead and I'm do tired of it. I want to learn to back off but I'm n it sure how.
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I HAD no choice but to be that type of wife with my ex of 16 yrs... at least none that I could think of.. he had no self initiative,  no motivation,  procratinated so badly it was literally painful to everyone involved, had to be asked or begged or yelled at countless times to even start to lift a finger to help with anything and then more often than not only did half of it, if that and rarely finished anything he started... it was beyond frustrating I felt drained, overwhelmed, angry, resentful, etc almost constantly. I couldn't even stand myself when I was around him.  But to be honest none of that domineering did much good, it didn't change him at all,, it just got me stuck in a rut I didn't even like MYSELF in. We were just not a good match or something.  

With the man I am married to now and have been with 11 yrs (married for 9 in sept) it is the total opposite, well not exactly total opposite because he is not domineering to me either.. we feel like partners, like a team and I find it easy and enjoyable to be married to him.. I would not dream of being domineering to Todd because I look up to him, admire him and respect him so much and I trust him since he DOES have self iniatiive, is helpful, does things without even being asked or merely asked one time, he doesn't procrastinate at all ever, and is most motivated person I ever met.. hell I'm a bump on a log compared to his motivation! lol I'm very sweet and respectful and not at all bossy with him but he makes that easy.  And I KNOW If I was with someone like my ex even though I know it's not healthy or conducive to resolution I would fall back into domineering again because I get impatient and frustrated and a man like my ex pushes every red button I have all at once constantly. lol 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

booaura
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not domineering in the least. I wouldn't want to be with a man where I had to be like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soooowhatnow
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:03 AM
I think I was a bossy type as is. I'm hoping to change
Gooberzilla
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:19 AM
I am domineering, sort of. I usually take the initiative about most things because I get really anxious if things are not done. Like I will get up at 2 am and make spread sheets to budget for our next summer vacation because I worry about it so much. My DH is not great with housework. It is the one major issue we have had constantly for the last 16 years. But I got tired of badgering him and I made up my mind that I would just be honest. So I ask him to do things and if he doesn't do them I ask again and after that I calmly tell him that I'm upset and he is being disrespectful. It doesn't always get done and rarely gets done the way I want but I'm no longer resentful all the time. I just focus on being calm and respectful no matter what and that helps to keep the situation in perspective.
TurboMom81
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:34 AM
We are equals. I do tend to submit to his will more than my own
UCFknight
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I discuss all major decisions And issues with my partner. I am only bossy when it comes to organization of the kids toys ;) just sit and talk with your spouse. I don't think one spouse should lead in everything. It should always be a good balance of give and take.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

A loving wife

KREX0914
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Tread lightly. I let him be the head of the household for three months. We got so far behind with everything that we ended up losing our three cars, our house, credit cards, $10,000 in cash and are now divorced.

Some men aren't cut out for it, which is why they choose strong women to be with.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:10 AM

I do not consider myself domineering. I'm just a shrew.

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I'm a SAHM for the most part so I take care of DD and the household chores.  DH goes to work and pays the bills.  Other than that we pretty much do whatever we want whenever we want.  We just really make a great team and encourage each others individuality.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)