Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How would you feel?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:27 PM
  • 46 Replies
My 2 year old son and I live with my boyfriend. Well my bf is and union electrician and so is his dad, they are members of the same union. Well bf's mom sent me a text the other day and told me she paid bf's union dues and needs me to write her a check for it back. Nobody asked her to do that. I know that she was trying to be helpful but I think it's kinda rude to take it upon your self to do something like that without telling or asking us and then sending me a text asking for the money back, we are adults and we can take care of our own bills.
So bf told her that I was kinda upset and that we would appreciate if she didn't do that again. So now she's angry and texting me saying "her and I need to have a talk"

So how would you all feel?
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
SOA tonight!!
Today at 10:00 AM
by Trica on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:47 PM
If she wanted to do it? Then yes but it's rude to do it without asking and expecting you to pay it back. You had no knowledge of her doing it.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I would feel awkward and put on the spot.. I think he should have explained things better to your mom himself to let her know you didn't mean it as an insult but take great pride in independence and earning your own things and geting them your own way , it doesnt mean you aren't grateful for the kind thought and her good inentions you just merely like to be as independent as possible and no hard feelings intended. That's all... if she continues to be upset after that. I'd let her vent and tell her I am genuinely sorry she feels that way personally but we still love and care about her and know she means well and appreciate the thought but in the future unless ASKED for a loan you two prefer to take care of your own costs and responsiblities yourself that's all. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

jessw2010
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:48 PM
She didn't ask us or tell us she was doing it. She just did it and then texted me and asked me for the money back

Quoting Hottmomma607: If she wanted to do it? Then yes but it's rude to do it without asking and expecting you to pay it back. You had no knowledge of her doing it.
228mommy922
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
She should have handled it with her son if she wanted to do it. Imo.
jessw2010
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
It was his mom not mine and that's why I asked him to talk to her. I do appreciate her trying to be helpful but I just didn't appreciate her asking me for the money back when neither him or I knew she was going to do that

Quoting earthangel1967:

I would feel awkward and put on the spot.. I think he should have explained things better to your mom himself to let her know you didn't mean it as an insult but take great pride in independence and earning your own things and geting them your own way , it doesnt mean you aren't grateful for the kind thought and her good inentions you just merely like to be as independent as possible and no hard feelings intended. That's all... if she continues to be upset after that. I'd let her vent and tell her I am genuinely sorry she feels that way personally but we still love and care about her and know she means well and appreciate the thought but in the future unless ASKED for a loan you two prefer to take care of your own costs and responsiblities yourself that's all. 

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Well, why does it matter? She was probably paying his dads and just wrote the check for 2. To me, this is a nonissue. This is not something worth starting stupid drama over. She paid it, you're paying her back. It's not even worth putting thought into.

Hottmomma607
SOA tonight!!
by Trica on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM
That would irritated me too! My mom has done something similar to that. Except with plane tickets! We were like uh did you really do that? LOL

Quoting jessw2010: She didn't ask us or tell us she was doing it. She just did it and then texted me and asked me for the money back

Quoting Hottmomma607: If she wanted to do it? Then yes but it's rude to do it without asking and expecting you to pay it back. You had no knowledge of her doing it.
jessw2010
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
That exactly what happened she was paying his dad's. But that doesn't matter, it's wasn't her place to do that without letting us know and then send me a text asking for money! They weren't even due yet, maybe we didn't have the extra money right then at that second and should have checked before takin it upon herself to do that and then ask me for money.

Quoting furbabymum:

Well, why does it matter? She was probably paying his dads and just wrote the check for 2. To me, this is a nonissue. This is not something worth starting stupid drama over. She paid it, you're paying her back. It's not even worth putting thought into.

Hottmomma607
SOA tonight!!
by Trica on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:55 PM
I get the none issue, no drama thing. She should write her the check have her BF give to the mom and put his big boy undies and tell his mommy not to pay his dues any more! LOL

Quoting furbabymum:

jessw2010
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:55 PM
She does other things too, like she will text me every other day and ask me if I'm cleaning like it's any of her business! And she told my bf that he needs to get a haircut and tried to make him an appointment! And I've kept quiet for a really long time

Quoting Hottmomma607: That would irritated me too! My mom has done something similar to that. Except with plane tickets! We were like uh did you really do that? LOL

Quoting jessw2010: She didn't ask us or tell us she was doing it. She just did it and then texted me and asked me for the money back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)