Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Kisses...

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:17 PM
  • 12 Replies
Any ideas will help...

My husband never kisses me... It's not something he has ever done... But it's something I so desire... To sit down and have a great make out session... You know like the ones from back in the day when dating... But even then we never really kissed unless we went out drinking... And we really don't drink that much... So how can I get him to kiss me... Asking him doesn't work... Trying to kiss him doesn't work... When I ask why not he always replies it's because he smokes and I don't and because a ex once told him it tasted discussing when thy kissed so now he won't kiss anyone who doesn't smoke... Bla bla bla how do I change this
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

DH is the same way.  I'm the only one he will ever kiss....not because of smoking but because he's got really bad teeth and he's severely embarassed.  I reassured him that it doesn't bother me one bit, I love the way he kisses, and quite honestly can't get enough.  He doesn't kiss me often but he does especially if I ask him to.  When we were separated this was his girlfriends complaint...that he never kissed her.

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:39 PM
2 moms liked this

When I am in dire need of some kissing, I walk by him, grabbing his arm, and drag him into a side room, where I press him against a wall, and start making out with him. He has started to do it as well, when he just needs a few minutes of passionate kissing.  Other than that I got nothing. 

furbabymum
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 6:45 PM
3 moms liked this

He's your husband and he thinks you think he's disgusting because of an ex? lol

I don't have any real advice. I'm a take charge kind of girl and my poor DH is rather accommodating. lol

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:00 PM
2 moms liked this

uhmm... how long has this been going on?

you're probably gonna hafta' start from square one. Tell him the smoking doesn't bother you or you'd have never married him. If it helps.. kiss him after he's brushed his teeth. If asking him and kissing him don't work, I don't know what else you've got left.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Always keep breath mints or gum. Tell him you don't mind. Not sure why he stuck on something an ex said?!
PogoPalOj
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Give him a Mentos and tell him to pucker up!

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 8, 2014 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I think all the  other ladies gave you great advice and I have nothing to add. Other than when and if you do manage to get him to kiss you let him know very clearly how much you absolutely LOVEEEE it so there is no room for doubt 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

The only person you can change is yourself. You can not change anyone else

Pixi-goddess
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Thank you everyone for the advice... Ya good knowing some have had this issue and found ways to make it work! It's reassuring that I'm no in a loosing battle... Will def. be giving it all a go...

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jul. 8, 2014 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have any new advice to add about kissing, but I can somewhat relate to you in another way. My DH was betrayed by his girlfriend before me and it was a struggle at first to get him to realize I'm a different (and WAY better, LOL!) person. But I did finally get the message across. I would do what these ladies have already suggested and don't give up. It may take some time, but he'll eventually let go of the past and allow you to be you :) Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN