Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Haven't been on a romantic get away in years help

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:38 AM
  • 13 Replies
Hi so I have 5 kids and me and my husband have been married for 13 years known each other for 18 years and anyone we know and trust have 4-5 kids of their own and live to far to babysit . We usually fly my parents into town to come stay and babysit the kids for a few days but I really don't want to do that anymore because $$$$$ so I figure my sister or friend can watch them . So any ideas on how I can have a date night with my hubby ?? Without having a babysitter ? Something we can do at home just us too when the kids of to bed??
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:55 AM

We usually do pizza, beer and a movie, play darts in the garage, sit on the porch and share a cig (I don't smoke but on a hot summer night I steal a drag or two from him), take a shower together, play truth or dare, or he'll just cuddle me and tell me about his childhood....and of course sex is always included. lol

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

We raised 5 kids and when we had at home dates, we just waited until the kids were in bed and we did at home movie dates,  we went outside and played badminton or frisbee or yard games or water balloons and squirt guns.... we played games like Othello or Scrabble because we both like those.. we use to play wii games together,  we'd have a candlelight dinner or dessert,  we'd go in our bedroom and lock door and have a blast doing creative various role playing and lots of sex. : )  

View Full Size Image YVONNE

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 9, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Also I read a cute tip online for at home date nights and keeping the  kids in their rooms for your date I wish I had read when we were raising ours... 

They said put 4 quarters per kid.. out and  show the kids and tell them each time they get out of bed and out of their room short of an emergency or really good reason they lose one quarter .. if they stay in there in the morning they get all the money and if they lose part of it they get whatever might be left in morning per kid... it's still cheaper than a babysitter. 

If you have an older kid who can do a pretty good job helping with the younger ones.... then you make a quick easy dinner for the kids and you have oldest kid monitor dinner for the  younger ones while mom and dad go eat their own romantic dinner in their bedroom with door shut.  Then you can have oldest one play with the younger ones in play room or bedroom with toys or whatever is appropriate while you two have some alone time and you pay him or her some money but still cheaper than other babysitter.  Or you can pay him or her in a different way like letting them have a friend over to spend the night or they get to pick the next family movie you guys watch or extra computer or video game time or getting to stay up later than normal bedtime that weekend or something they would care about. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 7:31 AM

We've done plenty of these. We usually order from our favorite restaurant, and while one of us is helping the kids get into the bed, the other is running out to grab the food. We set the mood by dining by candlelight. We also give each other full body massages (bath and body works actually sells a really great massage oil called stress relief). Renting a movie is an option, or just sitting outside with a fire going making s'mores and talking. 

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

get a nice take out dinner... set the table with your best china, candles, flowers, etc, and DRESS UP for the dinner, just like it's a special retaurant

LadyBast
by Brenda on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Do whatever you want after they are in bed cuddle, fruit and whip cream :)  just enjoy each other! Good luck!

Blessed2585
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 12:02 PM

What about a movie? or playing games?

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Friend, family member, baby sitter

Liz132
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Last "date" we had was after the kids were in bed went out in the yard had a fire, drank some beer, roasted marshmallows, then went on a moonlight walk to look at the fireflies out in the fields. We watch movies together after the kids are in bed quite often. We don't really go out just the two us very much, it's hard to plan it out and get a sitter.

Pixi-goddess
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 4:13 PM
What I do is simple small things... Like get some candles and a bottle of wine and wine glasses... Set the mood in your room have some romantic music playing that you both enjoy have the lights down low and play strip poker by yourselves and make bets like if you win then he has to .... To you and if he wins the you will... To him... Or you can do a picnic under the stars and if you have a pool go skinny dipping ... Or you could make some mini deserts and feed them to each other ... Have a pillow fight... Use your imagination here are so many possibilities!!!

Quoting noah31: Hi so I have 5 kids and me and my husband have been married for 13 years known each other for 18 years and anyone we know and trust have 4-5 kids of their own and live to far to babysit . We usually fly my parents into town to come stay and babysit the kids for a few days but I really don't want to do that anymore because $$$$$ so I figure my sister or friend can watch them . So any ideas on how I can have a date night with my hubby ?? Without having a babysitter ? Something we can do at home just us too when the kids of to bed??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN