Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Fight for the marriage or throw in the towel?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 4:36 AM
  • 23 Replies
Would you continue to fight for a marriage if you have young kids, are not financially self supporting, and feel like your husband is only with you because of the kids? If not what would you do?
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 4:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 4:39 AM
No. I made sure I had a way to support my family before I had one though, so that wouldn't be an issue for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KandC1115
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I would not, and have not, stayed because of the kids. It does them no good to see a parent unhappy. 

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:32 AM

depends

madwifa
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Nope get a job take care of business
Happy mom happy kids. Unhappy mom miserable unsecured kids
LadyBast
by Brenda on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:01 AM

No I would find a way with family or whatever to get out!

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I made it very apparent that i did all my fighting for the relationship before we got married. Once married i dont think you should have to fight for the attention of your spouse. There is alot i will fight for...but the love and attention from my spouse is not one of them.
rockinmomto2
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to talk to your husband. If he's truly only with you for the kids, you need to get a job and move on. I, however, will always fight for my marriage. But that's just me.

nurse1997
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:34 AM

If you have family and you will be ok.....If you dont than you need to take steps to preprare your self so you can leave !

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Key word in that was "feel like". I would ask him if he is only with me because of the kids. If he said yes, I would most definitely move on. I have a degree and a property in FL I could move into and easily afford payments by going back to my old job. 

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM

I would talk to DH first and be clear if that's the only reason he's with me and if there's no way to change the way he feels.....if it truly is and he doesn't want to try I'd start making plans to leave. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)