Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

i feel so bad for my fiancee.

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

His stomach has hurt for the past 3 days and i told him lets go the hosp he like no uhg he so hard headed but i dont now what else i can do to try and make him go like he said he just cant really poop but i told him that bad i give him some juice and nothing i dk if i can give him what my dr send me ?

by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
linz04060913
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Any dr that he goes to will likely say the same. Drink some juice/miralax/stool softener, unless he has a blockage.

Try to get him to take probiotics, and a natural stool softener

ebmars2681
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:15 PM

prune juice really helps a lot.

sparkle_monkey
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:20 PM

How long has it been?  He could be compacted which would require medical intervention, but I agree with the other replies.  Try an at home laxative and if there is no bm after that take him to his dr.  I don't think an ER is necessary.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM

stool softener/mineral oil in juice/ and extra fiber if his stomach hurts just because he's constipated

if his stomach is tender to the touch, he may have diverticulitis or a bowel obstruction

good luck

Youngmommy233
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:32 PM
I give. Him. This
MomToovey
by Marianne on Jul. 11, 2014 at 5:41 PM

He won't go to the hospital until he's ready, so the best thing you can do for now is to help him stay as comfortable as possible. Water. It's a natural stool softener. Prune juice is a natural laxative. Keep away from sodium and dairy. It'll eventually happen unless there's something seriously wrong with him (and he'll eventually realize this and agree to go to the doctor).

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I agree with the others and  if he is really desperate to try all measures before having to go to dr .. then our dr said it's fine to use an at home enema... they are inexpensive and  easy and WORK FAST!!  Then if he still doesn't go he really DOES need to see a dr because he  could have a bowel obstruction or some serious issue and  that can be dangerous!  It's nothing to be embarassed about.. Dr.s don't think anything embarssing about such things, they are so use to it, it's nothing to them other than concern to help their patient. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Youngmommy233
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 11:22 PM

i boght him

LadyBast
by Brenda on Jul. 13, 2014 at 2:23 PM

I agree with all said so not going to repeat it.. Good luck and make him eat fruit and veggies and WATER!!!

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jul. 13, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Those are great for occasional use.. but if he hasn't gone in 3 days, he is pretty backed up and needs "The Bomb"

Go back to the pharmacy and get a bottle of this:

And then wait.. if that doesn't work after a few hours, then add this:

These two products are what is recommended for a colon cleansing prior to any type of scoping procedures.  usually though, the fleet's works the best. 

Mix it with some ginger ale and then drink it with a straw. The straw will help get the liquid to the back of the throat so he won't taste too much of it. 

And make sure he drinks lots of water after.. 

Then keep the bathroom empty.. he will be using it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)