Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

husband not communicating!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm a stay at home mom of two. My husband works and does good with taking care of us. There is one problem.. he doesn't like to tell me anything about our finances. For example: we are buying a car he doesn't tell me how much we are paying for a down payment or anything. When I tell him I would like to be included he doesn't understand. Idk what to do. :( I feel like he wants me to be a old fashion stay at home mom who only knows what's going on with the kids and that's it!
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:25 PM
He needs to communicate with you. How long have two been married?

Quoting slmom26: I'm a stay at home mom of two. My husband works and does good with taking care of us. There is one problem.. he doesn't like to tell me anything about our finances. For example: we are buying a car he doesn't tell me how much we are paying for a down payment or anything. When I tell him I would like to be included he doesn't understand. Idk what to do. :( I feel like he wants me to be a old fashion stay at home mom who only knows what's going on with the kids and that's it!
slmom26
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 11:13 PM
6yrs
MomToovey
by Marianne on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:01 AM

What is it that he doesn't understand, and why? Once you know that, it may be easier to explain to him why it's important to you. You're right, as his wife, you need to know what's going on with the finances as well. Good luck

LadyBast
by Brenda on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:25 PM

You should know that is how we are I pay all the bills but if he asks anything I tell him not an issue and I stay at home and take care of our disabled daughter so it is communication here!! Tell him it is not the 50's :) good luck

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:11 PM

((((((((((Hugs)))))))))

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Here is what your husband needs to understand. If he were die or get into a serious car accident and is unable to communicate, how will you know how to check accounts, and even pay bills that may be coming in? I do most of our finances, but my husband has a copy of all our IDs and passwords to see what is going (and I sit him down every other month to go over stuff).

this lack of communication on his part, can financially ruin your family if something were to happen to him. He needs to communicate. And stop hiding what is going on with your family's finances.

slmom26
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:47 PM
I agree that's one of my worst fears
zeezoo
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Have you talked to him about these fears? I'm sorry this is happening to you. That would not fly in our household. When we agreed that I would quit my job and stay at home, we established that we were still equal in everyway.

Quoting slmom26: I agree that's one of my worst fears

rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM

I can't imagine that. I take care of EVERYTHING. DH works, and literally hands me his paycheck so I can pay bills and do what I need to do. You need to ask him why he feels the need to keep finances a secret.

AM-BRAT
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Dh used to be that way.

Thankfully I'm working again and that shit doesn't fly anymore.

If he's always been this way, Idk how to change it. Keep trying I guess. Gl. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN