Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

From brides maid to maid of honor back to brides maid

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:40 AM
  • 11 Replies

The bride to be had a falling out with the first brides maid then she said I was the maid of honor then with out telling me she changed her mind and I am back to being brides maid. 

by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UCFknight
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

She sounds like a bridezilla. Don't take it too personally. Some people just become so self absorbed, they don't realize the friendships they are damaging during their wedding process.

CampClan
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 7:53 AM
If you are okay with it then let it be. Maybe offer to assist in MOH duties if bride is still indecisive?
soooowhatnow
by Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:21 AM
No big deal. It is just a title. If you are there for her then be there for her
MomToovey
by Marianne on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:10 AM

I agree she sounds a bit like a bridezilla, but remember that this is her big day. It's extremely stressful, and stress makes us all a little crazy. Let her do what she needs/wants to do to make sure she has the most perfect day ever, and be there for her. After all, that's the kind of love and respect we'd expect from our wedding party, right? Have fun!

LadyBast
by Brenda on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Sounds like she is terrible, good luck I hope she can decide on dresses :)

PinkButterfly66
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

You have less duties as a brides maid.  Doesn't the maid of honor (wouldn't that be matron if you're married) have to host the bridal shower, plus help with the planning of the wedding and a whole lot of other crap on the day of the wedding?

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 19, 2014 at 1:11 PM
This. I just got asked to be a matron oh honor. But the couple didn't realized that matron was for married women,maid for single. Lol
They asked me to be the maid of hnor first.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

You have less duties as a brides maid.  Doesn't the maid of honor (wouldn't that be matron if you're married) have to host the bridal shower, plus help with the planning of the wedding and a whole lot of other crap on the day of the wedding?

thisisbad
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:04 PM
I agree here, it's just a title. The main thing is your friend wants you to stand by her and support her on her wedding day. Yes, it sounds like she might be a bit immature and might not quite understand the true meaning of a bridal party, but that doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't. No matter which part of the bridal party you are, you are one of a chosen handful of women that the bride believes has made her who she is today.

Quoting soooowhatnow: No big deal. It is just a title. If you are there for her then be there for her
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:15 PM

ok

PogoPalOj
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:54 PM

surprisedBRIDEZILLA 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN