Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Second marriage question-help!

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:58 AM
  • 10 Replies
Married 14 years the 1st time. Now remarried for 6 years (together 8 1/2). I was so completely head over heels when we married (2nd time). We both had 3 kids with our 1st spouse. Had a baby together (now 3) and now feel like we are on complete different pages, if not books. Feel completely disconnected. We are in counseling, but still have these feelings. Anyone else? Advice?
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM

What changed this so quick, something had to happen to make you feel this way... Can you explain any more to help us?

Unless it was having another child?? 

maria1613
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Bump!
Mrsg678
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Nothing "big" has happened. No cheating, nothing huge. I think it's a combination of a few things, having difficulty communicating with him The difficulty of a blended family adding our own child to the mix. Not seeing eye to eye on things. I knew a blended family would be tough, but it's REALLY tough :(
DesertFlower197
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I thought I married the perfect man after dating for three years, then blending our family. Three years in we are at odds, different parenting styles, both want to be in control.  So thankful we didn't add our own into the mix, there would before of a power struggle.  I feel your pain, mama.  We used to talk about everything, but since realized we never talked about OUR problems, as we didn't have any before we married and actually LIVED together.

its not an easy road.

Mrsg678
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Sounds like we are in a similar boat! Are you guys in therapy? How many kids and how old are they? I used to think a 2nd marriage should be easy-more mature, know what I want...boy, was I wrong :(. Wayyyy more issues than my 1st marriage!

Quoting DesertFlower197:

I thought I married the perfect man after dating for three years, then blending our family. Three years in we are at odds, different parenting styles, both want to be in control.  So thankful we didn't add our own into the mix, there would before of a power struggle.  I feel your pain, mama.  We used to talk about everything, but since realized we never talked about OUR problems, as we didn't have any before we married and actually LIVED together.

its not an easy road.

ahleesha14
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Keep going to counsleing if you still feel that way maybe its time to divorce

karla41164
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:39 AM

With all of the children do you still have date night?

Have a lunch date?

Watch a movie,Get away No Kids just for the week end camping does not cost alot of money,,,

kgbm13
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Date night.  No kid talk.  And also find a way to get on the same page with the kids.  Only way it will work.  Sadly too many couples are not on the same page with kids

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:20 PM

All marriages have their up and downs. You just need to work through it

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Keep up with the counseling, and make sure the two of you are working on what you learn between sessions. I agree with making time for each other. If the two of you can set aside even 10 minutes of every single day to reconnect and spend quality time together, it's going to make a world of difference. And the more you do it, the easier it'll be to set aside more and more time for each other.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN