Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wevorce?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:03 PM
  • 19 Replies

Have you heard of this? Basically, they're independent consultants who work with you and your husband as you file for divorce in order to keep things civil. They guarantee that kids come first and that your divorce won't end up in court. They also claim to be affordable, but I don't know how much divorce costs these days.

What do you think about that? If you found yourself in this situation, would you use their services?

Join me in these great groups:
February 2009 Preschoolers (Owner), Baby's Firsts (Owner),
Love & Marriage (Mod)

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToovey
by Marianne on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I'm slightly torn. On the one hand, if you need it, I think it's a great tool, and I love that their priority is making this as easy on you and the kids as possible.

On the other hand, I think it might make divorce an easier option. Instead of trying to work things out, people will just opt for this because it's easier.

In the end, if I found myself in a situation where divorce was on the table, I think I would definitely look into it. At least if I thought there was any possibility the process could turn ugly, hurting our DD in the process.

anotherandree
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM
That's just a fancy name for mediators. Lots of people use them and some courts REQUIRE them.
raindrop.smiles
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM
If it ever came down to it, it's definitely something I would look into if I thought it was going to be an ugly divorce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Isn't this the same as a moderator?  I've heard of those but not a company that does it.  I probably wouldn't use this service because if DH and I divorced I'd want absolutely nothing to do with him ever again.

zoo003
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I personally believe that if they can make the divorce process more amicable and less confrontational, it would be beneficial to both the parents (who will be co-parenting) and the children. It hopefully will circumvent hurt feelings and doing things out of anger, which will thereby hinder future communication between both parties (especially when it deals with parenting issues).  

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:40 PM

That's true. I hadn't thought of it that way :)

Quoting anotherandree: That's just a fancy name for mediators. Lots of people use them and some courts REQUIRE them.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:40 PM

That's what I'm thinking too! If we get divorced, there's no way I'm letting him out peacefully ;)

Quoting BonitaM:

Isn't this the same as a moderator?  I've heard of those but not a company that does it.  I probably wouldn't use this service because if DH and I divorced I'd want absolutely nothing to do with him ever again.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that's what saved us from a divorce when we were separated.  Neither of us wanted to let the other go so we fought our way back together. lol  I think something like Wevorce would have made it easier to divorce but harder to live with the consequences.  At least for us.  I'm so glad we are both so stubborn. lol

Quoting MomToovey:

That's what I'm thinking too! If we get divorced, there's no way I'm letting him out peacefully ;)

Quoting BonitaM:

LadyBast
by Brenda on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure I think we could work it all out without any problems, I think the biggest issues would be the vehicles I want mine he would get his so me 2 him 3 that is how I would see it but he may want my car and would NOT get it! He can have his car, his truck and the vett, I just keep my SUV and car :)  but I think he would find out that I would not back down on this one the rest NP at all!

frankiesma530
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)