Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Something I NEEDED to get off my chest ....

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:02 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just wanted to take a moment to express my distaste on a subject that apparently hasn’t been brought up much on this site. I’ve seen a few posts recently that state how certain subjects aren’t brought up much, and I’d like to take some time to REMIND you ladies of a certain word - R E S P E C T!!!! There’s been a LOT of Gay Bashing, anger towards “Gay Marriage” and the like. Women venting about issues that SHOULD’T be issues!!

Now, I’m not sure how ANYONE feels - nor do I care, honestly!! - about things like Transexuality, Gender Reassignments, Gender Identity, or anything regarding the BASHING of how someone lives their SEXUAL life OR Bashing someone for HOW they IDENTIFY to society the person that they are.

In short, I’m SICK of coming across posts reading stating a vent about something that doesn’t even DIRECTLY AFFECT THE POSTER!! FOR REAL LADIES?!?! I’m SURE that there has to be not just Heterosexual & Homosexual Mothers on this site, I’m sure there’s Pansexual, and I’m ALSO sure that there’s even just a handful of Women on this site who were born and ASSUMED to be a male human because of the gender between their legs!! Gender is NOT between someone’s legs!! HOW someone chooses to identify themselves with society, be it that they APPEAR to be female in how they act or dress to the “normal” human eye, is NOT ANYONE’S BUSINESS BUT THEIR OWN!! If they’re HAPPY, LET THEM BE HAPPY AND STFU!!!! If they’re NOT directly affecting your life, LEAVE THEM ALONE!! YOU don’t go pushing YOUR sexual values or life down everyone’s throats, so just like religion, LET THEM BE!! BEFORE YOU GO AND CHOOSE TO BASH SOMEONE, PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES!! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL????

And before someone goes and starts crap with me, let me state that I am a Heterosexual mother, raised by two Heterosexual parents, and my SO’s parents were ASSUMED to both be Heterosexual until after they divorced, then his mother realized she is Homosexual, and has been in a happy and committed (and now recently married) woman who raised an amazing son! I’ve met and become close friends with a female of whom was born and forced to identify as a male for the majority of her life. So take that all into consideration before assuming that this is more than just a troll post or anything. Just SUPER upset I keep seeing crap like this, and while I’ve USUALLY chosen to just ignore and exit out of the posts I’ve stumbled upon, I’ve seen so many lately, I felt it necessary to REMIND everyone that we’re ALL human and should ACCEPT each other and not just go around judging. What does that teach our kids?! Society is progressing so that people can live their lives more and more without fear, yet a good majority ALWAYS finds a way to act like there’s shame because of something they’re against! QUESTIONS and UNDERSTANDING are one thing! Telling someone they’re wrong to feel something about themselves that they can’t physically change isn’t right. Wish I could get everyone to just be NICE to each other for once!

Rant over.

For those who are taking the time to read this, Thanks.

For those who I KNOW will bash this, please just be nice and take the time to just click on the little red “X” box above on your browser, You’re entitled to make posts I don’t agree with and I “leave the room”, you’re also entitled to react the same way I do to your posts.

For those who will post a response under Anon, I’m sorry you didn’t feel comfortable enough to expose who you are.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Serenity7
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:21 PM

The only person you can control is yourself. You can not control anyone else

photo LindaHollyJollyPinkChristmas_zps9feaf846.gif 

nurse1997
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont normally comment on this subject because who someone sleeps with is none of my business and I could careless. I do agree thou some of these women want to go to war on every post on cafemom! Cafemom was suppose to be a chat room to chat and discuss things not  to pick apart every word of a post and be nasty if you don't agree with something someone says .Sometimes I have to ask my self are these women really adults or are they teenagers in high school. Have a nice day doll :)

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:22 PM
3 moms liked this

We can't post Anon.. this is the love and marriage group. not Mom Confessions. 

Either way.. Go you!! 

:)

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:20 PM

in this group?

must've missed it, or you're referrring to MC group...those women thrive on stirring up crap.

amygirl411
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

TBH, I can't keep track of the places you can and can't post Anon, I've never posted as an Anon, fig if I'm going to make a reply (regardless of what it is), I'm at least going to have the "balls" to stand by what I say and not do it quietly / secretively. And ThankYou :)

Quoting TommyAbby:

We can't post Anon.. this is the love and marriage group. not Mom Confessions. 

Either way.. Go you!! 

:)

amygirl411
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm honestly not sure which groups I've seen them posted in, I keep up with a few and posts like them pop up just about everywhere I go. So I can't say I've specifically seen them posted in this group, but I'd imagine eough members who've posted such things are involved in at least the groups I've posted this in AND the posts where they've stuck their thoughts in, to where they'd eventually see my post.

Not that it will change anything, but I DO feel better getting out my thoughts. Regardless of how many negative comments I get or if the posters of things I have seen that strike a nerve with me, at least there's the hope it will be seen by someone, and even if they don't respond, MAYBE SOMEONE will stop to think twice before posting something like that. I know hope don't float (movie quote), but it's worth the hope that a pair of eyes spies this and thinks twice :)

Quoting Fayanne:

in this group?

must've missed it, or you're referrring to MC group...those women thrive on stirring up crap.

krgirl33
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Speaking as a married heterosexual woman I don't judge a person for their sexual preference. I have a daughter who is 8 and if in the future she discovers that she prefers a woman I will still love her. That won't ever change all I want is for her to be happy with who she's with. I have a cousin who was born male but who is now female and I don't love her any less because of it.

lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I feel like your rant is completely unnecessary in this group. It would be worthwhile for you to get to know the tone of the groups you're in before ranting toward group members.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
An opinion forum, with hundreds of thousands members, and you think you're only going to read what you deem appropriate? Really?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)