Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Best friend

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:25 PM
  • 47 Replies

Is your DH your best friend and you his or does he have another best friend of the opposite sex? My dh told me today his best friend is the girl he's been chatting with on Facebook and email :( I thought I was supposed to be his best friend :( I don't know what to do about my relationship! Ugh frustration!! 

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambcortez
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM

He was my best friend before we got married and still is. We both have good friends or close friends, but we're each others' best friend.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM

DH is my bestest best friend and I'm his but he does have other "best" friends and I do too.  He's the only one that gets to see the real me though and I'm the only one he confides in.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:16 AM

I'm sorry HUGS.. that must have been a not very happy surprise  to you and  hurtful too I would imagine. HUGGSS. 

Yes Todd and I are always saying "You are my best friend in the whole world EVER EVER! to one another and mean it. There is no one in our lives in past or present that we trust as much or share everything and anything with and prefer to be with and do things with.  We can't seem to ever be together too much and always crave more and we have fun anywhere we go and do even if it's just sitting at home doing nothing extraordinary. 

We don't think there is anything wrong with having other friends but to us that would just take away from some of our time together and neither one of us wants that so we do what We want and what makes US happy and purposely are only friends with one another and our 5 adult kids who live on their own and our parents and siblings ... we are "FRIENDLY" to pretty much everyone we meet but we purposely don't make actual friends with anyone else. This is how we both prefer it. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

juniors.mommy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:36 AM
We are each others best friends. . He also has a childhood bestfriend as do I
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Do you know her?
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this
DH is not my best friend. I feel i cannot talk to him because he would be too judgmental or negative.
StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this
No he is my partner and lover

We both have other best friends
anotherandree
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:17 AM
He's my best friend and I'm his. We do, however, have great friends that are the SAME sex bc sometimes you just need to vent to another girl ( or in his case another guy).
TurboMom81
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 3:47 AM
My husband and I are each others best friends. I have friends that I hang out with and he has friends at his internship but no best friends.
GodsAmiga
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 4:27 AM
1 mom liked this

We both have other best friends but not of the opposite sex. My BFF is like a sister to me and his best friend is like a brother. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN