Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Between you and your SO

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:31 AM
  • 47 Replies

Do you or SO get mad when one another eat something off of each others plate? For instance, I was talking to my husband yesterday about this and he gets so angry (blood pressure rising) thats its funny, when I take a bite or something off of his main cource of food. For instance, he said I can take a french fry but I need to ask to take a bite of his hamburger, otherwise he rambles about that I should have bought my own or told him if I wanted one lol I tell him I just wanted a taste and not so much that its cause of hunger. I told him I wasn't really raised like that and it's no big deal if your SO or kids take a bite or want some of what you're having but his answer was its an instinct when it comes to food. With the kids I can understand this because you want to teach them not to do that but Im referring to more along the lines of you and your SO. What are your opinions?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
He pretends to be offended, but doesn't really care. Same for me.
StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:15 AM
2 moms liked this
We don't care
m.garcia21
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:19 AM
we don't care. But I do know ppl like that. My bro is the same way with his wife
JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Neither of us cares, but we also both ask first anyway.

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM
We always ask if we can have a bite of we see something good on the other's plate.
ragdoll7777
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't care, but we ask first anyway, is the polite thing to do, you know?

maria1613
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM
He let's me pick off his plate but I've always gone loco if someone takes food off my plate
mom31284
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Its the other way around for us! Where does this come from lol? Please help me understand. The thing I tell him is theres plenty more! Out of a whole sized burger one little bite missing sets him off and I can comprehend that.

Quoting maria1613: He let's me pick off his plate but I've always gone loco if someone takes food off my plate

mom31284
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM

See, thats how it should be lol

Quoting StreetsAhead: We don't care

furbabymum
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

If my Dh just started eating off my plate I'd want to know wtf he was doing. If he asked to try my meal, no problem. Sharing is caring. But I would appreciate him asking and I do the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN