Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flowers: HELP!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:26 PM
  • 16 Replies

Wedding is coming up fast and we are starting to check things off the to-do list! Next order of business is flowers. We are getting married in November and our colors are red and turquoise. I am really struggling as far as what is in season/what would go. I originally thought Orchids but feel it'd take away from the dress. I want something simple.

MOH: (Satin)

Bridesmaids: (Satin)

My Dress: Lace/beads and off white

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
furbabymum
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Very pretty dress.

Lily's or Irises imo.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

You could go very simple and do anything with carnations not to take away from the dress and add whatever to yours so it is special!

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I would go with an arm bouquet of calla lilies. You could go with just a couple of stems, and they're clean and simple.
FutureCooper118
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Thank you so much!! I'm definitely leaning towards the lily's! I feel Irises would be the wrong shade of blue.

Quoting furbabymum:

Very pretty dress.

Lily's or Irises imo.

FutureCooper118
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I'm definitely leaning towards Lillie's of some sort. The ones you're talking about are so classy and yet simple. Love it! Now the real question is do we all have white flowers? I'm at a loss when it comes to color coordinating all of this and am afraid it'll end up looking like the 4th of july lol

Quoting ddhb2007: I would go with an arm bouquet of calla lilies. You could go with just a couple of stems, and they're clean and simple.

MommyTo5Boys
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd do mixed wild flowers.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I would go with the calla Lilies.. they are sooo gorgeous and elegant. I would probably stick to the all white ones myself if I had your wedding colors.. however if you do want some color with them.. you could do something like these ideas if you prefer.  I would not mix them with both both colors though, just one or the other (personally myself.. however I think YOU should do whatever YOU like, you are the bride and it's most important YOU like it. ) : ) Have fun. 

Quoting FutureCooper118:

I'm definitely leaning towards Lillie's of some sort. The ones you're talking about are so classy and yet simple. Love it! Now the real question is do we all have white flowers? I'm at a loss when it comes to color coordinating all of this and am afraid it'll end up looking like the 4th of july lol

Quoting ddhb2007: I would go with an arm bouquet of calla lilies. You could go with just a couple of stems, and they're clean and simple.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Pretty dress

photo girl44_zpsd6ef0fbe.png
MMerrill
by Melissa on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree.  I like the white ones.  Not too distracting from the gown and the white looks very elegant!

Quoting earthangel1967:

I would go with the calla Lilies.. they are sooo gorgeous and elegant. I would probably stick to the all white ones myself if I had your wedding colors.. however if you do want some color with them.. you could do something like these ideas if you prefer.  I would not mix them with both both colors though, just one or the other (personally myself.. however I think YOU should do whatever YOU like, you are the bride and it's most important YOU like it. ) : ) Have fun. 

Quoting FutureCooper118:

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes exactly.. sometimes less is more and even the shape of Calla Lilies is so unique and elegant looking even just as is with nothing added even. 

Quoting MMerrill:

I agree.  I like the white ones.  Not too distracting from the gown and the white looks very elegant!

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting FutureCooper118:

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)