Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

beach wedding !!!!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:00 AM
  • 30 Replies

so I'm engaged to an amazing man and we have decided we want to get married on the beach now but  besides living in fl and visiting tx once those are the only places i have been to with a beach ! 

i was woundering what you think is the best beach/state to get married in ! 

it will be a very small intimate wedding but i would love somewhere with a beautiful view good weather and I'm not sure what else is important lol this is my first wedding lol 

thanks for all your help !!! 

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UCFknight
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Do you guys have a beach you enjoy going to together? As a Floridian, I love st. Augustine, destin, the keys, and vero beach. New smyrna beach as well. Are you wanting your guests to travel? Are most of your families located in FL or TX? You have to think about these kinds of things as well. Some family may not be able to afford destination weddings. It is your day though. So pick somewhere you both would love.

Sister_Someone
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Southern California, of, if you're willing to go international, Gulf of California (northwest Mexico) would be perfect for something like that.

MrsHayward1
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I want to get married in Miami on a beach in south beach and then party the night away
M4LG5
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Hawaii! I love Hawaii
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:46 PM
The US Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico where passports are not required!
ladytweet
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:56 PM

no we have never been to the beach together ... i moved from fl back to mi when i was 16 and that was the last time i have been to one lol ! he really likes sc but i saw some of the cliffs in cali and ri i liked them . we only want to have about 15 people there and they are all willing to travel but we do want to keep it in the us bc we are going to Italy for our honeymoon. new to all this so i wanted some advice from woman that have already done it ! 

Quoting UCFknight:

Do you guys have a beach you enjoy going to together? As a Floridian, I love st. Augustine, destin, the keys, and vero beach. New smyrna beach as well. Are you wanting your guests to travel? Are most of your families located in FL or TX? You have to think about these kinds of things as well. Some family may not be able to afford destination weddings. It is your day though. So pick somewhere you both would love.

ladytweet
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:58 PM

see i was thinking cali bc i think it would be amazing to get married on a clif over the water but i know nothing about it there !!!!!! 

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Southern California, of, if you're willing to go international, Gulf of California (northwest Mexico) would be perfect for something like that.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Anywhere on the Gulf is gorgeous.  I love St. Augustine, FL and also Charleston, SC.  They would be great places for a beach wedding.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Semajmom719
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Depending in ur budget u can do bahamas or Jamaica I heard its beautiful over there
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:27 AM

Where did you live in Michigan.. there are tons of beaches in Michigan with the Great Lakes and the inland lakes too! : ) 

But I think if I currently lived in Florida, Like I think I understand that you do... then I think personally since there are plenty of beaches in Florida too then I would pick one of the beaches in Florida.  

congrats and good luck. : ) 

Ps. other than that although "I" don't personally know.. my husband who traveled all over the world before I met him said his favorite beach that he thought was most beautiful was in St. Thomas. 

Quoting ladytweet:

no we have never been to the beach together ... i moved from fl back to mi when i was 16 and that was the last time i have been to one lol ! he really likes sc but i saw some of the cliffs in cali and ri i liked them . we only want to have about 15 people there and they are all willing to travel but we do want to keep it in the us bc we are going to Italy for our honeymoon. new to all this so i wanted some advice from woman that have already done it ! 

Quoting UCFknight:

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)