Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Husband not wearing his ring!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:08 PM
  • 36 Replies
What are you thoughts on a husband who doesn't wear his ring all of a sudden? I can understand if the job doesn't allow it like construction for example.

EDIT * I think I need to point out this is a hypothetical question that I came up with which is why I said "a husband" and not "my husband"!!!! Mine wears his all the time except the winter when fingers get smaller when cold. He almost lost it once a few years back so he doesn't wear it since he works outdoors.*
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know? It could many reasons why?

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982: What are you thoughts on a husband who doesn't wear his ring all of a sudden? I can understand if the job doesn't allow it like construction for example.
Liz132
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on the reason. Does it not fit anymore? Did he just forget to put it back on after washing his hands? Did he get it caught on something and now is afraid he will injure himself wearing it? My husband always wears his but if I noticed he wasn't I'd just ask him why.

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Hands are swelling and it's get uncomfortable maybe. Honestly mine used to not wear it at all cause it was conductive, electrician. Now he wears a rubber ring that looks white gold. And because it's stretchy, it fits over his fat knuckles, lol

PISCIS29
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Mine can't. He's a rebar ironworker
cntrdmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:36 PM
All of a sudden? I wouldn't freak out but is be curious. I don't wear my ring. Maybe that's why I don't really care. Dh never takes his off. He did for a couple months because he just wanted his finger free for a little bit.
Mommynwife26
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:38 PM
If it was all of a sudden and nothing changed like job or weight then yes I would get worried. My dh works as a general contractor and he has always worn his so if he all of a sudden wasn't wearing it I would think something was up and be pissed.
rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:52 PM

All of a sudden with no discussion would worry me. Other than that, it's not an issue. My DH can't wear his ring at work because it can get caught on equipment, so he keeps it on his key ring.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:55 PM

all of a sudden would worry me, unless it was due to work

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

here's an idea..................

ASK HIM!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:09 PM

This! instead of going through all of the scenarios in your head and driving yourself crazy I would just straight up ask your dh why he all the sudden has stopped wearing his ring.

Quoting Fayanne:

here's an idea..................

ASK HIM!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN