Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I can't believe it but Im getting married

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 34 Replies
3 moms liked this
Im getting married next month on the exact day we met 5 yrs ago 8/22. I didn't think the day would come. Then I started to feel content being single. Then he came to me with a box that had two rings in it. He said I want to marry you today. I realized life wouldn't be right without you in it. Will you marry me? I was shocked. So, im planning a big wedding in my hometown New Orleans in 2016. I actually excited I just paid the deposit on my venue. I'm so excited.
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
serenitycat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:15 PM

congratulations...although i wouldn't call it a wedding in 2016 - a party - the wedding is the day you get married! 

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Awe! That is so sweet! Congratulations!! Hope you both have many years of love and laughter together!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Jul. 29, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Congrats!!!

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Congratulations. I'm a little confused though. You were single when he asked you?

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Congrats

photo friends4_zps6ca40f08.png
MomToovey
by Marianne on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Congratulations! August 22 is also the anniversary of when my DH proposed, so a very fitting date indeed!

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I wondered that too...and am actually reading a book about that exact situation!

Quoting furbabymum:

Congratulations. I'm a little confused though. You were single when he asked you?

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I'm confused about the confusion... why wouldn't she be single? Have I missed something?

Quoting MomToovey:

I wondered that too...and am actually reading a book about that exact situation!

Quoting furbabymum:

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey girl congrats! I may have visit my in-laws next summer, just to attend your wedding? Of course I'll use any excuse to go to N.O.! Lol

Quoting 4kings1queen: Im getting married next month on the exact day we met 5 yrs ago 8/22. I didn't think the day would come. Then I started to feel content being single. Then he came to me with a box that had two rings in it. He said I want to marry you today. I realized life wouldn't be right without you in it. Will you marry me? I was shocked. So, im planning a big wedding in my hometown New Orleans in 2016. I actually excited I just paid the deposit on my venue. I'm so excited.
4kings1queen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:11 PM
We were together. But I had set a time limit for a marriage proposal. Then i started to feel as thought he would never propose. That's when I decided to set a time limit. When the time came if he had not proposed my plans was to be ny myself. So that is why I said I was content with being single. Thanks for the congrats. :-)

Quoting furbabymum:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN