Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your "love language"?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

Several people have talked about their "love language".  I think it is important to know your love language and your mate's language.

You can take a quiz here:  http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

Here are mine in order.....

Words of affirmation (8) - I love when he acknowledges not just how "pretty" I look but acknowledges my efforts and commitment to my job and coaching youth sports

Quality time ( 7) - As for quality time, I love hanging out and doing something we both enjoy, especially something active like hiking, golfing, etc. 

Physical touch(7) -  I like sex but I'm not the type of person that I want it everyday.  I do enjoy holding hands, hugging, and being near each other at home and also in public (DH....not so much).  

Acts of service (4) - cleaning house and such is something I dont' feel is part of this because its equal responsibility but I would really like for him to help me and not judge me or say anything negative about what i'm doing when i ask for help

Receiving gifts (4) - I won't lie...I like gifts but I prefer small, inexpensive gifts.  I like when the thought counts more than the money in our bank.  I feel guilt when it comes to something that is too much money. 

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:23 PM

TFS

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Quality time and physical touch are tied for mine. His are words of affirmation and acts of service.

We both take time out of every day to make sure the other's "love tank" is full :) While our primary languages are different, we're both very understanding of each other's language, so it's still easy for us. Gifts is my least, and I think if that were his primary, it would be more of a struggle for me to keep that up for him.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM
9Physical Touch
6Receiving Gifts
5Acts of Service
5Quality Time
5Words of Affirmation

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Mine are words of affirmation & acts of service

I get so embarrassed when my BF tells me I look nice or says my eyes are pretty or any compliments. I never got them when I was with my ex so I'm not use to getting them. But I do like them.

And doing little things for me is a huge turn on for me. My ex use to get really lucky when I came home to him cleaning the house without me asking!

UCFknight
by Brenda on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:33 PM

My husband and I did this when we were getting married 11 years ago! We both are quality time and physical touch. I think him being in the military is why we both scored so high in those two categories. Being together is really all that matters to us!

anonym00se
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:35 PM
12Receiving Gifts
7Quality Time
6Acts of Service
3Physical Touch
2Words of Affirmation
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Mine is Physical touch and DH's is words of affirmation

SpiritedWitch
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Your Scores

9 -Words of Affirmation
8 -Acts of Service
6 -Quality Time
4 -Physical Touch
3 -Receiving Gifts
PISCIS29
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:48 PM
What does this mean????

Quoting LadyBast:

TFS

Traci_Momof2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Seems about right to me.  Quality time is very important to me above anything else.  I just love being with DH and doing things with him.  And on the other end, receiving gifts means little to nothing to me.  That's why DH and I really don't ever exchange gifts with each other. 

Your Scores

11Quality Time
8Acts of Service
7Physical Touch
3Words of Affirmation

Receiving Gifts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)