Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Make me a sandwich.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:22 PM
  • 50 Replies
My boyfriend works long hours 6 days a week & has been complaining that his coworkers always stop for fast food & he hates it. So I'm going to start packing him a lunch because he deserves it & I love him(: but I feel like a sandwich every day could get boring, still better than fast food, but boring. Do any of you pack lunches for your SO? What do you pack him? Any creative ideas? Preferably quick things because I have my hands full lol(: Thanks!
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

get thermal containers and pack hot homemade soups, chili, ... salads if he eats them, etc. Meatloaf.. chicken.. leftovers... wraps... shakes.. raw veggies.

Whatever kinds of things he likes to eat.

and tuck in a note or surprise now and then,, too

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I pack his lunch (and sometimes dinner when he has to sleep at work) daily. I do a variety of things, pasta dishes, sausages with sautéed bell peppers and onions, pulled pork or manwich (don't put meat on the bun, just in a container so he can heat it and then place it on the bun so it isn't soggy). His favorite is cheese potato soup with cornbread muffins. I don't do sandwiches often. He would rather have a hot lunch than a cold sandwich.

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Get the frozen already made grilled chicken strips.  I use them in my salad or a wrap.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:41 PM

I pack my DD's lunch and DH would get the same if he actually wanted a lunch. :(  I usually pack fruit, veggies, yogurt, juice box (DH would get a pop), chips or a small candybar and: crackers/cheese/ham/hardboiled egg; leftovers that can be eaten cold; or a variety of sandwiches or wraps.  I'd love to send hot foods with her (she prefers that too) but the school won't heat up her lunch. :(

SLGross215
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this

He always takes left overs from dinner the night before.

Pukity
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:38 PM

well, since I have to cook anyways for dinner, I cook extra and pack him whatever was for dinner.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:40 PM

My dh usually just takes the leftovers from dinner the night before.  But I do make him sandwiches when we didn't have enough leftovers left.

RheaF
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Ask him what he would like.

committed4ever
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I pack leftovers also.  But it sound like maybe your DH might be on the move all day? If so, sandwiches and fruit, healthy snacks would work better than a regular meal that has to be eaten with utensils. You can make your own healthy snacks.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this

He does sandwhichs but I also send him with leftovers. I make wraps and salads too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN