Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

too soon? eta

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:24 AM
  • 71 Replies
I have (semi recently) started dating someone. We made it official on the 31st. We talk nearly non-stop, unless he Is at work and can't. We connect on a deep level, and several times throughout the day, I will think "I feel like I'm dating myself" which just makes me laugh. We dont know eachother as well as if we could if we had been together for years, but I feel like I am falling for him already. How long did it take for you to fall in love with your SO, and how long have you been together? I'd love to hear some cute stories!!! ***I love all of these stories, thanks for sharing!! Keep going!!! Also, is there any thing I should be looking for specifically? I'm not trying to rush this, but it seems to be happening without my say so. Haha.
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
petitekatie
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:26 AM
Bump
petitekatie
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:26 AM
Another bump
beeky
by Alexandra on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:10 AM

I met my dh on vacation in England and we had less than two weeks together.  We wrote letters to each other and he came to visit me 6 months later, that's when I fell in love with him.

That was back in 1986 and we're still together, married 26 years.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:01 AM

uhm... I was instantly comfortable with him...... but really really in love with him.. maybe two months. We talked, texted, or saw each other quite often before then, and had many deeeeep conversations about things.

Pukity
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:28 AM

My DH and me were facebook friends, I actually accepted his request without knowing him, he said he sent me that request because he thought I was the sister of his friend, so he confused me with someone else, we just chat a few times during a year, then when I broke up with my ex he knew..on facebook, and he started to chat with me daily, we started to hang out like for 3 months when I started feel something different for him. and like after a month or so of dating officially I kind of knew he was the one, we have been 3 1/3 years together, we got married 3 months ago.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I think 3 - 4 months and I was in love maybe sooner it has been well over 30 years so I do not really remember but it was not as long as I thought.. 

I am so happy we did get together and stay and we have a wonderful daughter also! Good luck and just do not go too fast.. If it is meant to be it will work out. 

krisnkids
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:31 AM

My bf and I have been dating for 7 months, done family stuff together for a year and known eachother for almost 2 years. Unless something crazy happens we will end up married. I wouldn't say we are inseparable, but we spend more hours together than the average dating couple. This weekend I was at his house on Friday night, we were together all day Saturday, he went home Saturday night and we were together all day Sunday. That's a typical weekend when he doesn't have his kids.

serenitycat
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:37 AM

he told me he loved me after about 6 weeks of dating...married over 7 years!

christina2410
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM
My DH and I started dating in January of 95, we found out we were pregnant in July of 95, and we were married in December of 95. I was 19 and he was 24. We've had our ups and downs over the past 18+ years but I wouldn't change anything :)
ladyvamp5489
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:42 AM

My dh told me he loved me after the 2nd day, i told him a week later. We both just knew from day 1 that we had met that one person who was meant for us. We stayed up just talking till 4 am the first day we met. I moved in 2 weeks later and get got married 9 months later. We have been married for 18 years now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)