Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Amusing DH stories

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:52 PM
  • 11 Replies

Share yours ladies!

I have lots but yesterday I was out on the tractor when DH came wandering over wearing my sunglasses and my pink floppy sun hat. I about died laughing and he was compltely unconcerned. Said he couldn't find his hats and he wasn't getting burned.

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JC2223
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

That's funny!!!

My DH is a very quiet, passive personality and internalizes his stress, but I swear he develops Tourette's syndrome in his sleep! He will go off on a rant of nothing but swear words and cursing in his sleep! He also has a habit of elbowing me in his sleep when he has to fart. That is a bodily function we respectfully do not share in our marriage, in 18 years we've only heard each other fart a few times. He's so self conscious about it that if he has to pass gas in his sleep he elbows me to see if I'm awake then lets it out. I tell him all time, if you didn't elbow me I would have slept right through it. He gets embarrassed every time!

furbabymum
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Ha that fart part killed me! LOL

Quoting JC2223:

That's funny!!!

My DH is a very quiet, passive personality and internalizes his stress, but I swear he develops Tourette's syndrome in his sleep! He will go off on a rant of nothing but swear words and cursing in his sleep! He also has a habit of elbowing me in his sleep when he has to fart. That is a bodily function we respectfully do not share in our marriage, in 18 years we've only heard each other fart a few times. He's so self conscious about it that if he has to pass gas in his sleep he elbows me to see if I'm awake then lets it out. I tell him all time, if you didn't elbow me I would have slept right through it. He gets embarrassed every time!

FireMoonGypsy
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this

My DH loves to talk in his sleep...or make phone calls, etc. The other night I accidentally woke him up looking for the mouse for the t.v. - I was dealing with insomnia and wanted to watch something. Our computer is hooked up to the bedroom t.v. until we get chromecast smart tv capabilities- only he wasn't really awake. He sat up straight, grabbed his cell phone and started trying to control  the t.v. He got really irritated when it wasn't working, then laid back down, said "FUCKING WESTERVILLE SCHOOLS. Damn you Justin Beiber" rolled over and went to sleep. He  swears he doesn't remember a thing. 

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" - Lao Tzu

MomToovey
by Marianne on Aug. 4, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

That's cute!

My DH is really silly and he's always making me laugh. Of course, now I can't think of anything! The first thing that popped into my head was that he's always singing with me. Always. Usually I'm the one that busts out the showtunes, but he keeps up with me and will initiate sing-a-longs with me. I love it!

nelliebelle88
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:10 PM
3 moms liked this

lol nice

im from ohio and the hubs from texas well we were in ohio (i lived near amish contry) and we are driving down the road and he hears a horse looks over and sees a horse buggy with an amish family in it , his eyes got big as he said what is that? i said the amish people.. he said omg amish people are real! i just lookd at him he honestly thought amish people were made up for movies. SMH lol

FireMoonGypsy
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Hahahah. 

We drove through amish country (plain city, Ohio) and saw a runaway horse and buggy once. No clue where the owner was. 

Quoting nelliebelle88:

lol nice

im from ohio and the hubs from texas well we were in ohio (i lived near amish contry) and we are driving down the road and he hears a horse looks over and sees a horse buggy with an amish family in it , his eyes got big as he said what is that? i said the amish people.. he said omg amish people are real! i just lookd at him he honestly thought amish people were made up for movies. SMH lol

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth" - Lao Tzu

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

DH is always cracking me up.   I was depressed a couple of days ago so he sent me a picture of his finger.  I thought he got hurt at work but couldn't see anything by the picture so I asked what happened.  He said nothing happened.  It was just a picture of his finger. lmao  I have no idea why he sent it or why it made me laugh so hard but I really wished he would have been next to me so I could hug him for cheering me up. 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

drivingjaw drop

Todd is a goofball haha... From the time I met him.. he shared that when he is alone driving in the car especially if he has to drive far and gets caught in rush hour traffic he makes really weird faces although he is staring straight ahead and and glances out of  corner of his eye from time to time to see the funny reactions of strangers if they notice. lol weirdo.. I told him NOT to do that when "I" am in the car with him bc I find it embarassing so he never does but he admitted he still does it when he is alone sometimes and when our 5 kids were growing up he did it with them in the car because they all thought it was hysterical. lol 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this

rolling on floordevilblowing candles

Todd is VERY talented at doing a long list of voice impersonations really well in both speaking voice and singing.... 2 of my favorite singing ones are Jim Morrison from The Doors and Scott Staph from Creed.. but my favorite voice ones are the funny ones like Adam Sandler's Little Nicky... he will just unexpectedly out of the blue change into one of his voices at any random time.. you never know when... 

One  time we all still laugh about.. was our oldest daughters birthday (she was a teen or older at the time) and we had the whole family and her boyfriend and friends around the table watching  her and I said "Make a wish and blow out the candles Brittany" so she stopped to think about her wish for a second and in that moment Todd broke out in his Adam Sandler's Little Nicky (for those who didn't see the movie it's a funny voice and  the character is half angel and half devil).. anyway he said in that voice "NOOOOOoooooo! Don't do it! Don't blow out the candles! My father is the devil and he LOVES fire!" we all busted out laughing. lol 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:21 AM
1 mom liked this

puppysidesplittinglaughterWhen  Todd and I were only dating a very short time.. one of the times him and his daughter Amanda were over our house visiting us and at that time I had a little Maltese dog named Jovial and he had a bad underbite and out of the blue ... Todd knelt on all fours on our living room floor in front of all of us and made an exagerated underbite face and said "Who am I?" then he said "I'm 200lb Jovial" hahahaha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN