Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Which of You Openly Expressed Interest In The Other First?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:05 AM
  • 152 Replies

in lovewinkDid you or your significant other openly express interest in the other one first? What did you or he/she say or do to let the other one know they were interested at first? 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this

typingfalling in love I expressed interest first. 

We were both on an online dating site and I was browsing photos and then also profiles of any photos I liked but usually I liked only the photo and not the profile so when I liked Todd's photo and then to my surprise REALLY liked his profile too.. I sent him a private message telling him I thought he was "HOT" and I really liked his profile and if he was interested at all.. I would like to get to know him better. 

He said when he got my message and saw my picture and profile he was VERY flattered and happy and he messaged me back right away. : ) 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this
He did, he asked me out. I didn't say yes the first time, trust doesn't and didn't come easily, and I'd just gotten away from a very abusive man. But I said yes the second time, and never looked back :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

HE did, definitely.

LNLMommy
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

DH expressed the interest first. I blew him off at first because I was going through some major emotional stuff with my ex but I finally agreed to a first date and he showed up with flowers! I still wasn't that impressed but he didn't let up. He wore me down I guess, lol

annieb863
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
He did. We had known each other for awhile and he was working for my step dad's company, and because they were leaving to go out of town at 4 the following morning he stayed the night at my parents house. I was over visiting and watched a movie with my little sisters, during the movie he reached over and held my hand. We have been together ever since
LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

It was mutual but I think he expressed something first his friend introduced us OOPS!

deadlights86
by Emily on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess i made the first move lol. Hubby and I worked at the same grocery store I commented on how I also liked the energy drink he used to get everyday and somehow we turned that into a marriage.
AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

That's not a very easy question for me.

We talked a lot. We were fans of the same author, and met discussing his books online. We lived 2000 miles apart, and were teenagers. After a month or so of trying not to develop a crush on him (and doing it anyway), he sent me a private message, saying he knew I had a crush on him. I was shocked, but admitted it, and he then said he didn't actually know I had a crush on him, he was taking a shot in the dark, hoping I would admit it so he could admit it, and we could move forward lol.

So... both?  

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha that was definitely me.  I stared at him for two weeks (our lines were across from each other at work) and I talked about him to my co-workers every day.  Everybody knew I wanted him and he thought I was crazy.  Finally I asked him out and he turned me down  :(  but I didn't give up.  I found out that he was Russian and so I made sure to walk out of the building with him everynight and say goodbye to him in Russian everynight.  This finally caught his attention.  After our first date we were inseperable but I had told him I was going to marry him and he still thought I was crazy. lol  A year later we married and I proved him right....I am crazy!  and I always get what I want! lol

maria1613
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
He did. When we first met, I wasn't looking for anything from him or from anyone. We kept hanging out and he made it clear he was interested in me we ended up in an argument and he told me how he felt. We were arguing because I was hanging out with him and another guy, who coincidently lived in the same building, and he told me he was jealous and it just kinda went from there
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN