Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

poor hubby sick

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:20 PM
  • 10 Replies
The poor dear is sick with a cold :( after looking forward to sex all day, and we wer e in the shower together, I washed him up. He loves this :) but the poor dear was too beat and sick so I just rubbed Vicks on him gave him a shot of whiskey and sent him to bed :) we can always have sex another evening :) do u women baby ur man when he's sick? Just trying to start a conversation here :)
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

No. 

My husband is a grown man, not a helpless child. 

And he's a nurse so he knows what to take to feel better quickly.

Landon2012
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I wouldn't say I baby him I do take care of him when he us sick. I always think it's funny how men can be such babies when their sick I know mine is he always say I think I am dying lol cracks me up.

Kimwith6
by New Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Yes i do. He works his butt of to provide for us. He usually doesnt complain about being sick, but when he does, i know he is miserable. He has been there many many times taking care of me with my MS, i feel its the least i could do for him.
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM

My SO has been sick most of the summer. Don't know that I babied him, but I just didn't know what to do for him.

He was hospitalized with diverticulosis, and they found out he's diabetic. The meds they gave him made him sick, and the anti-nausea meds made him even sicker. So.. I did what I could. Bought him new underwear when he ran out at the hospital.. bought him food I thought he could eat.. rubbed his back when he barfed his brains out.. drove him back to urgent care and back to the hospital when we learned the antibiotics gave him C Diff. Again, bought him food to try to get him to eat.

We only have summers to spend time together.. and he spent most of it in bed or on the sofa. Absolutely no energy, and drenched in sweat over the least bit of physical effort. Finally he started to get back to normal, and he's left for 16 days in Shanghai, China...

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Oh man... C Diff is horrible :( Fingers crossed he stays healthy for his trip.

Quoting Fayanne:

My SO has been sick most of the summer. Don't know that I babied him, but I just didn't know what to do for him.

He was hospitalized with diverticulosis, and they found out he's diabetic. The meds they gave him made him sick, and the anti-nausea meds made him even sicker. So.. I did what I could. Bought him new underwear when he ran out at the hospital.. bought him food I thought he could eat.. rubbed his back when he barfed his brains out.. drove him back to urgent care and back to the hospital when we learned the antibiotics gave him C Diff. Again, bought him food to try to get him to eat.

We only have summers to spend time together.. and he spent most of it in bed or on the sofa. Absolutely no energy, and drenched in sweat over the least bit of physical effort. Finally he started to get back to normal, and he's left for 16 days in Shanghai, China...

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Thanks. I'd never heard of it before. When they called with the lab results they scared the crap out of us.

So far the China thing is going 'okay' other than he can't find much to eat that actually looks edible..lol. He saw chicken feet on the buffet the first day.. fish heads  the second.. and duck heads the third!

Quoting TommyAbby:

Oh man... C Diff is horrible :( Fingers crossed he stays healthy for his trip.

Quoting Fayanne:

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

exhaustedmother
by Amy on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:52 PM

No- I don't baby my husband and he doesn't expect me too. I do occasionally make him a cup of tea or something to  eat but he knows I work long hours and doesn't expect me to wait  on him hand and foot. He is also in Nursing school so I am sure he knows more about taking care of himself while he is sick then I do.  Oh and my hubby has always made time for sex when he was sick. I would respect him if he really couldn't and needed to rest but he has never wanted to go without. 

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:19 AM
I wouldn't say I baby him but I do take care of him as much as I can. Even when he's sick he doesn't know how to slow down.
MomToovey
by Marianne on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I do what I can for him. My DH isn't a baby when he's sick and he doesn't want to be a bother. However, I know how miserable it is not to feel well, so I try to do what I can to make him as comfortable as possible. 9 times out of 10, the most helpful thing I can do is take DD out of the house so it's quiet enough for him to fall asleep and she's able to run around and be loud.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Not really give him meds and send him to sleep!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)