Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I'm worried *update*

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:47 PM
  • 12 Replies
So I've been sick and in bed for 2 weeks. And my husband is stressing a lot.
He's trying to work from 4 am to 4 pm, keep the house clean, keep our 2 year old happy and take care of me. He "hired" his oldest to help and she's been nothing bit more stress for him. I'm worried about him he's stressed about money because I haven't been able to work being so sick. And idk what I can do to help him.

He's going fishing Saturday with a friend luckily but do you ladies know how to destress overworked husband's?

*update*
He seems to be enjoying the Fishing time. He's text me how he caught a huge cat fish and sending pics of the few bass fish he's caught. Mind we have gone fishing all year and haven't caught a thing till today so hell be all excited and cockey and happy lol thank you ladies for the suggestions of rest time for him
I am feeling better still sickly but well enough to handle DD and maybe go to church tomorrow
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM

give him time off... hopefully the fishing trip does it

jenesis509
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:03 PM
I hope so I think when I'm well enough I'm tell him to go have a guys night out

Quoting Fayanne:

give him time off... hopefully the fishing trip does it

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:38 AM

What's wrong with you that you have been sick for 2 weeks?!?! O.o

An yes, the fishing trip is a good time off for him so long as you have someone who can help you while he is gone. 

jenesis509
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Well it was a viral infection but the Dr suspected meningitis so I got a spinal tap and I guess they sent me home to early from the tao that i got infected and dehydrated and wasn't eating so I got more sick, its been a real pain in the butt I can't be in an upright position without getting sick.
I hope he can relax. Idk if anyone can come help me but I'm feeling a little better. It'll only be a few hours

Quoting TommyAbby:

An yes, the fishing trip is a good time off for him so long as you have someone who can help you while he is gone. 

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM

You got an infection from the spinal tap and are at home?!?!? 

O.o

Quoting jenesis509: Well it was a viral infection but the Dr suspected meningitis so I got a spinal tap and I guess they sent me home to early from the tao that i got infected and dehydrated and wasn't eating so I got more sick, its been a real pain in the butt I can't be in an upright position without getting sick. I hope he can relax. Idk if anyone can come help me but I'm feeling a little better. It'll only be a few hours
Quoting TommyAbby:

jenesis509
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:31 AM
We went back to er but they said they can only treat the symptoms so they gave my prescriptions and sent me home told me don't get ouyta bed

Quoting TommyAbby:

O.o

Quoting jenesis509: Well it was a viral infection but the Dr suspected meningitis so I got a spinal tap and I guess they sent me home to early from the tao that i got infected and dehydrated and wasn't eating so I got more sick, its been a real pain in the butt I can't be in an upright position without getting sick.
I hope he can relax. Idk if anyone can come help me but I'm feeling a little better. It'll only be a few hours

Quoting TommyAbby:

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:36 AM

IF you had an infection in your spine from a spinal tap, they would have kept you in the hospital under observation and you would have had IV antibiotics to kill of the infection.  I am betting you had the combo of the side effects of having the tap done along with the symptoms of the virus.  :( That sucks. 

But after a spinal tap you need to rest and take it easy anyway. My son had a bunch of them while going through chemo. 

Well.. I hope you feel better!! Make sure you take in plenty of water, Vit C, and don't overdo it!

Quoting jenesis509: We went back to er but they said they can only treat the symptoms so they gave my prescriptions and sent me home told me don't get ouyta bed
Quoting TommyAbby:

O.o

Quoting jenesis509: Well it was a viral infection but the Dr suspected meningitis so I got a spinal tap and I guess they sent me home to early from the tao that i got infected and dehydrated and wasn't eating so I got more sick, its been a real pain in the butt I can't be in an upright position without getting sick. I hope he can relax. Idk if anyone can come help me but I'm feeling a little better. It'll only be a few hours
Quoting TommyAbby:

frankiesma530
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM

He just needs to relax. Hard with a 2 year old, I know...

jenesis509
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:40 AM
That might be it iv been so outta it I never know what the doctor's tell me lol

But yeah well I'm trying to rest but I'm going nuts too I miss work, and cleaning and well doing something! But poor dh is now stressed I missed work so we are behind on some bills, we need to get a sitter for DD now thst summer is over which is more money, and our lease ends soon so web been looking to move. He's stressed

Quoting TommyAbby:

IF you had an infection in your spine from a spinal tap, they would have kept you in the hospital under observation and you would have had IV antibiotics to kill of the infection.  I am betting you had the combo of the side effects of having the tap done along with the symptoms of the virus.  :( That sucks. 

But after a spinal tap you need to rest and take it easy anyway. My son had a bunch of them while going through chemo. 

Well.. I hope you feel better!! Make sure you take in plenty of water, Vit C, and don't overdo it!

Quoting jenesis509: We went back to er but they said they can only treat the symptoms so they gave my prescriptions and sent me home told me don't get ouyta bed

Quoting TommyAbby:

O.o

Quoting jenesis509: Well it was a viral infection but the Dr suspected meningitis so I got a spinal tap and I guess they sent me home to early from the tao that i got infected and dehydrated and wasn't eating so I got more sick, its been a real pain in the butt I can't be in an upright position without getting sick.

Quoting TommyAbby:

jenesis509
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Yeah she's been a pain lol I love her though. I bore her to bits lol shell try to jump on my bed poor baby.

Quoting frankiesma530:

He just needs to relax. Hard with a 2 year old, I know...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN