Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Father and son quality time but grandmother tags along

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:38 PM
  • 4 Replies
So this is irritating..My husband and I are currently separated. And a few weeks ago, i moved out of the home with my kids due to an ugly incident with my mother in law who lives there and pays rent too. She's is very controlling, trying to tell me how to run my home and how to raise my kids. She thinks she knows it all and comes off as self righteous and borders on being a narcissist. Well i got fed up with her and unfortunately the police was called. No charges were filed but police said it be better that the kids and i Leave. Well, i been gone 4 weeks and kids father only came twice to visit and one of those visits, grandma tagged along. I was rathet upset because the reason for the incident is because she started insulting one of my little boys. So you can understand why i was irritated when i found out that she was at the visit. I specifically told my husband that it was father and son time, not father, son AND grandma time. I don't trust that woman. I think she's a manipulator. She's told me that she would take the kids from me because accordinging to what my husband told her, I'm a bad wife and mother. And that i should have been reported to cps but for the sake of the children, she didn't. Wth, that doesn't make any sense!!! My husband had told me the same, then the next day, he says I'm a good mom and knows the kids are in good hands. He can't seem to decide. So here we are. I don't think that my husband understands that he needs to spend whatever little time he has with his sons. He has his mom around to do play the "wife" for him and the"mom" role for my boys. Am i wrong for being upset at how this is coming about? I want him to concentrate on his time with his children without having his mom around...
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Are you wrong for feeling that way? No but that is not your call, unfortunately. That is up to him to ask mommy-dearest to stop.

If you have or get a custody order, I would suggest that grandma is not allowed near your home.
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I can see why you're upset but sadly the court will tell you when it's "his" time he can do and see anything he wants. When it was my EXs time he would always pawn our son off on his girlfriend or a babysitter. The result was a very angry little boy when he came home. My twins father was really the one that raised and taught him guy things like playing ball,fishing,hunting etc. Sorry I have no solution for you....just a big hug.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 12:01 PM

you're not wrong to be upset, but you can't control what happens here.

and calling the cops because your child was insulted? sounds extremely childish

you need to find a way to stop reacting so strongly to what she does. She's likely just pushing your buttons, and eventually, she'll get her way. You'll overrreact and flip out, and then she'll have proof you're a nut job and not a fit mother

LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Not much you can do to change it I agree it should not have been Mom around also.... Have a talk with them both.. good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)