Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Comments on girls

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 1:35 PM
  • 18 Replies
Boyfriend. Of. Three years. Comments on girls. Infront of me what can I tell him Bout how it annoying it is
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punky3175
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Ask him if he'd like if you did the same thing. I just had this issue with my DH. He wasn't doing it maliciously and I'm pretty confident in myself but pointed out that I didn't want to hear about 'cute' or 'pretty' girls/women he was talking to. Their attractiveness level is usually irrelevant in conversations.
beeky
by Alexandra on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Don't say anything to him.
Start commenting on guys in front of him.
craazycuckoo
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Yes, because  mature, responsible person, does something stupid back

OP, tell hin it bothers you.  If he doesn't stop, he doesn't respect you and you need to decide whether you can continue a relationship with someone who disrespects you.

Quoting beeky: Don't say anything to him. Start commenting on guys in front of him.

beeky
by Alexandra on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM
A taste of his own medicine is an effective way to get her point across.

Quoting craazycuckoo:

Yes, because  mature, responsible person, does something stupid back

OP, tell hin it bothers you.  If he doesn't stop, he doesn't respect you and you need to decide whether you can continue a relationship with someone who disrespects you.

Quoting beeky: Don't say anything to him.
Start commenting on guys in front of him.

24clark
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:59 PM

What do you mean comments on girls in front of you? What type of comments?

My advise is usually talk to your boyfriend of three years and have a conversation about it.

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
You've been together for 3 years and still don't know how communicate issues??? O.o

My advice: talk to him!!
chaotic.mind
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I would just tell him flat out that you don't like it, find it rude and how would he like it if you did the same to him.

gooberholic
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM
I'm of the opposite view here. It's in humans nature to look and maybe even comment on others appearances. For my hubby he knows he can comment or look but whatever happens he brings all that pent up energy or emotions home to me and we enjoy some 'fun'.
rachellaree20
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:13 PM

If it bothers you just tell him and if he respects you, he'll stop.  My dh will do that but I'll reply with what I think is attractive about the girl as well.  At first it weirded him out but now he's comfortable with it.  You just have to be able to openly communicate these things with him.  He may not even realize it makes you uncomfortable or annoyed at all.

TheFairest
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Tell him it bothers you, but if that doesn't work, Just comment on hot guys. Read trashy magazines and drool over hott celebrities, maybe he'll get the picture.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)