Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waiting on love?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

I've been in this emotional funk for days now and I am at the crossroads of what to do. OK I'm in love with this guy that I've known for years now. I've known him when i was with my kids father. He has been their like a friends. My ups and downs. He has been their. OK time goes by and I get into another relationship and time goes on we lost contract for about a year I think. Out of no where I always wondered how he was doing so lucky he has the same cell number. I called he answered we talked,texted whatever. To make a very long story short. The guy that I got back in contact we started having very strong feelings for each other and when I around he I just feel so taking back on how I love to feel. OK I have my situation with my current BF things aren't what they use to be so I'm ready to move on but some how I feel stuck. Dude that been knowingng me for a while want me to move with him. He said he has been waiting 3 years for me. My question is..... IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE LONG ENOUGH IS IT POSSIBLE TO WAIT AS LONG AS IT TAKES??

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ahleesha14
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:34 PM

You can wait but if you don't want to be with your boyfriend break things and off and be with this other guy. If you really love him you should be with this other guy. its not fair to your boyfriend.

MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Can a person love someone so much they are willing to wait a long time before they can be together? If that person is mature, sensible, and dedicated, then the answer is yes.

You have never dated this friend but are in love with him? Are you sure you will feel that way when/if things go from just friends to living together? Do you know what he wants in life? Do you know how he is behind close doors? How he handles confrontations? Once that newness excitement feeling wears off, do you think you both will feel the same? 

You are in a relationship now with someone else but yet having conversations about moving in together with your friend in a romantic sense. You are showing your friend that if things go wrong between you and him you won't hesitate to leave or seek another partner while still with him. Your friend is showing you that he is ok getting in between a relationship.  That is a lot of emotional immaturity.

Before you do anything you need to talk to your current boyfriend.

UCFknight
by Brenda on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Here is a challenge for you. Why don't you try staying single for awhile. Living with your boyfriend, but wanting to jump into a relationship with another guy???!! It doesn't matter how long someone has waited for you. You need to learn how to stand alone and find happiness with just yourself. When you are content with yourself you will be able to enjoy and love another more.

Also, this leads to a question of fidelity and faithfulness. Trust me, it will happen. You leave current BF to be with new guy. Then if you don't answer the phone or miss a text, he will have that worry as well (seen more times than I can count). Doesn't matter if you are faithful or not, because you leave someone for another, this will always be a fear. He may not have that worry now, but it will happen. Take a breathe between relationships. Everyone should, it's good to reboot and focus on yourself for a bit!

LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:17 PM

That would be up to you if you want him and he is not ready.. You should be happy though!

MomToovey
by Marianne on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Exactly this.

Quoting UCFknight:

Here is a challenge for you. Why don't you try staying single for awhile. Living with your boyfriend, but wanting to jump into a relationship with another guy???!! It doesn't matter how long someone has waited for you. You need to learn how to stand alone and find happiness with just yourself. When you are content with yourself you will be able to enjoy and love another more.

Also, this leads to a question of fidelity and faithfulness. Trust me, it will happen. You leave current BF to be with new guy. Then if you don't answer the phone or miss a text, he will have that worry as well (seen more times than I can count). Doesn't matter if you are faithful or not, because you leave someone for another, this will always be a fear. He may not have that worry now, but it will happen. Take a breathe between relationships. Everyone should, it's good to reboot and focus on yourself for a bit!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)