Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IS THERE A HAPPILY EVER AFTER....

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:23 PM
  • 20 Replies

IN OCTOBER 2001 I MET A MAN THAT WOULD CHANGE MY LIFE FOR THE BETTER...HE WAS KIND , GENTLE ,CARING AND CONSIDERATE. I WAS A SINGLE MOM OF 2 KIDS, STRUGGLING HARD.HE WAS SO TAKEN BY ME HE WOULD BLUSH WHEN HE ENTERED THE SAME ROOM I WAS IN..LOL!! BOY DO I MISS THOSE DAYS...AS WE ALL KNOW EVERYONE CHANGES OVER THE YEARS SOME GOOD SOME TERRIBLE. IT HAS CAME DOWN TO ME SLEEPING ON THE COUCH. WHEN HE LOOKS AT ME IT DOESNT SEEM THE SAME.THE SAME GOES FOR ME, IM 43 HES 51...I HAVE LOST SOME SEX DRIVE..WE CANT EVEN AGREE ON DINNER..IS THIS WHAT ITS CAME TOO..IS THERE A HAPPILY EVER AFTER???

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladyvamp5489
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:26 PM

So far for me and dh there is the happily ever after, we have been married 18 years and have not had issues to make me think otherwise. I think it depends on the people and if you know how to pick you battles and not sweat the small things. Laughing alot helps too. 

booaura
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Dh and I have been married three years, and we're very happy and in love. It takes work, it isn't always perfect, and we deal with life's up and downs, but we're a team. We work hard to stay connected and keep our marriage strong and healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:30 PM
3 moms liked this

<---- There is for DH & I. Together over 33 yrs, Married 30 in Dec.

M4LG5
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I believe there is but we have to know that it's not a fairytale and "happily" needs to be defined differently. 

Being happy with someone else takes a lot of effort and communication.  It also means that it's not going to be perfect everyday of your life and accepting things that may be different than what you expected.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
This is us exactly, married 18yrs. still very happy. We make time for another.

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

So far for me and dh there is the happily ever after, we have been married 18 years and have not had issues to make me think otherwise. I think it depends on the people and if you know how to pick you battles and not sweat the small things. Laughing alot helps too. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:49 PM
DH and I are living our happily ever after and have been for the last 13 years, married for 11 years.
balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:54 PM

DH and I are living our happily ever after. We've been married for 20 years and I don't see not sleeping in the same place when we are both home. We aren't just lovers or parents, we are partners. We support each other and compliment each other's personality. I can honestly say that I hope he gets to be my prince charming for at least another 20 years, and hoping for even longer.

anotherandree
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Yes and no.  My husband and I have been married for 12 yrs.  We have experienced happily ever after.  Frustrated ever after.  Blissfull ever after.  I'm-going-to-kill-you ever after.  Contentment ever after.  And back to happily ever after.  As you grow and change, so will your relationship.  Just because you guys don't get all crazy doen't mean that you are sunk.  It means that some of the bloom has rubbed off and that happens when you walk into a bathroom after they've pooped, seen them vomit, they've watched you give birth, and smelled their morning breath.

UCFknight
by Brenda on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Well you've gone from married to roommates. Why are you sleeping on the couch? You can't ignore your relationship or put it on the back burners and expect it to grow and blossom. You should be enjoying each other, doing things together, having those long discussions by the bonfire. Don't give up. If it's worth fighting for get back in there and get your happily ever after.

My husband and I have had our ups and downs. But we both feel we are honestly living happily ever after. We have been together 14 years married 11. Every day is a gift on this earth. Love is the greatest gift we are given as humans, don't let it go to waste!

LadyBugMom09
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:00 PM
There is but you both have to work to keep it going.

I'll be married 9 years. We've had great times and horrible times, but we've made it work.

Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)