Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes marriage is "great"

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:18 PM
  • 11 Replies
Dearest Hubby,
I asked you to give our son a bath tonight. I was hoping that you would redeem yourself from the other night when you lost your temper. Over nothing. Alas, you lost you're temper again and scared our little boy. Not cool. But what made today worse? You purposely didn't give him a bed time hug. I get it, we lose our temper. I understand that. But don't be a dick like that. He needs to know you love him. You do, don't you?

Sigh.

Not like I didn't have any other stress or anything....

Sincerely,
Your pissed off wife
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:38 PM

that's sad

Early in my relationship with SO, I told him "if you ever get mad at me, please don't forget to tell me you still love me"

when I was married, the dh would  not speak for days if he was mad at me, and he would not speak to any of his three daughters, either

that's emotionally abusive to your child, to withhold affection like that. He's being an ass. I was married to an ass. Took me way too long to see that.

you need to let him know he's crossing a line if he continues down this path.

How old is your son?

24clark
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:04 AM

I agree with the response Fayanne gave. That can be abuse. So sorry for your little boy. No child should have to endure that. :-(

UCFknight
by Brenda on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:46 AM

How awfu!! I'm sorry you're having to deal with this and your son is getting the brunt of it :(

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:09 AM

So you married an abusive jerk.. 

Time for decisions on what needs to be done.. like therapy perhaps??? 

ahleesha14
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:16 AM

wow I hope it gets better.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Poor little guy. He needs to know he's loved.

It's time you talk to your DH and let him know this can't continue.

KREX0914
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:35 AM

You should never with hold loves from a child! That's just sad that he would think that way! I would with hold sex lol

furbabymum
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:37 AM

As someone with a DH who has an explosive temper I can tell you he'd get a kick to the balls for that bullshit. I made sure he resolved his issues as best he could before we had kids. Make him seek help or stab him, either one.

Serenity7
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Ok

MommaLoki325
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Thanks ladies. Today has been better. He did Acushnet apologize to our son (he's 4). The sucky part is I know this will happen again. The good news is that I have a MIL who will give him what for for all of this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)